When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it. With just a few tweaks, this made a wonderful, delicious tenderloin that stretched for several meals. I used the leftovers for pulled pork sliders–a huge hit with my daughters
Since this a slow cooker recipe, you can throw everything into the pot and forget it for at least 6 hours. Just make sure your temp is set to low, as tenderloins are not terribly thick and could dry out if left too long on high.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin
For the tenderloin:
- 1 boneless pork loin or two smaller tenderloins (2-3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over meat.
- Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan.
- Heat and stir until mixture thickens.
- Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking.
- Serve meat with remaining glaze on the side.
I serve this with my family’s favorite crunchy slaw. This is the best accompaniment for any barbecue. It is crunchy, tangy, and delicious. I get asked for the recipe every time I make this. One try, and it will be your favorite slaw, too!
The next day, I had a huge portion of meat left, so I chopped it really well and made pulled pork sliders for my daughters’ tennis team. All I did was put the meat on slider buns. There was still glaze on the meat which was plenty for most of the kids. I did put out a bottle of barbecue sauce for those who wanted more.
I also put a jar of Wickles pickles alongside the sliders. We LOVE these pickles and can’t get enough of them. Ever since our first taste of these sweet & spicy pickles, we’ve been hooked.
To round out this easy barbecue meal, I usually make my favorite chocolate chess pie. This simple pie compliments barbecue and is just one of the easiest, tastiest pies ever.