If you’ve seen or heard about the NuFACE facial toning device and wondered if it really works, you can read my experience in the following unbiased review.
After the recommendation of two friends who use and vouch for the NuFace, I became intrigued. Both friends are past fifty (but don’t look it) and declare that the NuFACE has taken years off their appearance.
NuFACE is a handheld device that uses microcurrents (cleared by the FDA) for facial stimulation. The microcurrents are said to tone and sculpt the face with consistent and continual use. The most popular treatment done by most NuFace users is the 5-Minute Facelift which claims to improve facial contour, skin tone, and wrinkle reduction across the jawline, cheek area and forehead.
I started learning about the device on mynuface.com and then began reading amazon reviews. I also found Nordstrom reviews that were also very helpful. On both amazon and Nordstrom, the reviews were largely positive, with most users validating the product claims to improve facial appearance.
I immediately decided to try the NuFACE for myself, and for six weeks, I have been using the NuFACE Mini on a daily basis. Here is my experience:
- The process is extremely easy. Simply smooth gel on face and make 3 “passes” each on 3 different areas of the face. This takes 5 minutes max.
- There is no pain, but in areas where there is no gel (near the hairline), the microcurrents sting ever so slightly.
- On day 7 of using the device, my husband asked “have you done something to your face?” When asked to clarify, he told me it looked “smooth and tight” and that it looked like I had done some sort of treatment.
- Week 2 is when I began noticing subtle but marked improvement. My cheeks seemed more sculpted, and overall, my face looked firmer.
- I do the 5-minute facelift every a.m. (when everything looks puffy and droopy) and follow by placing a very warm cloth on my face for a few minutes. After this, I feel like I’ve had a spa treatment or facial.
- Now into my 7th week of using the NuFACE consistently I notice enough difference to state that, for me, it has made a significant improvement in my overall facial appearance and has convinced me that the claims of those who love this device are indeed true (for them).
- My friend Judy has been using a NuFACE Trinity for almost 4 weeks. Her experience is positive also, and she says her biggest improvement is in a more toned and sculpted cheek area.
BOTTOM LINE: This product brought significant improvement to my face within 2-3 weeks, and I will continue to use it daily. If I had it to do over, I would possibly get the NuFACE Trinity which allows for advanced treatments with adjustable power levels. (If you wouldn’t spend the extra time and effort on advanced treatments, the mini would be your best bet).
NOTE: I keep my device plugged in when not in use, and for a few days, the device simply wouldn’t turn on (even though it was fully charged). When I called NuFACE, they kindly offered to replace my device, which is the only option if a mini stops working. The Trinity version, however, has a reset button that usually resolves battery or power on issues.
Savvy Shopping Tips:
- Buying the NuFace here on Nordstrom is a no-brainer if you want to try the device risk-free and return any time (outside of the manurfacturer’s return date). Nordstrom has a very gracious return policy~ “Free shipping. Free returns. All of the time.”
- Googling “best price for NuFACE mini (or Trinity) will pull up various deals; however, be sure to check return policy of each retailer.
- When the NuFACE gel runs out, aloe vera is a much less expensive but equally effective option.
- While trying the NuFACE, save money by stopping all other facial treatments (except your skin care routine). You might find that the NuFACE makes enough difference that fewer trips to dermatologist’s office or spa are needed.
I hope this helps if you’ve been kicking the tires about a NuFACE. If you give it a try, please let me know if it works for you. Do you have or use one already? Please share your thoughts in the comments! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!