For the last few months, I’ve been experimenting with a makeup brand that is actually taking the beauty world by storm. I am officially obsessed (and blogged about it recently in this post). I’ll tell you why, and show you some before and after photos that will literally blow your mind.
What is Maskcara Beauty?
Maskcara Beauty was launched in 2013 by beauty blogger/makeup artist Cara Brook, whose philosophy is that makeup should be used to enhance, rather than cover up, the true beauty in a woman’s face.
What is Maskcara makeup?
Maskcara makeup is designed with individual tins from which we can choose custom colors to place into a magnetic palette. The makeup process is HAC~highlight and contour. Below is a photo of the founder Cara Brook, with a description of each aspect of Maskcara beauty.
How is Maskcara makeup used to HAC (highlight and contour)?
The basics of HAC are in the diagram below.
Does Maskcara beauty work on a mature face?
Yes!! Below are some before and after photos that I took of myself with Maskcara. In my case, the results are almost miraculous. My 53-year-old face has never looked as good in any other makeup. I’ve tried it all, and this is hands down the best for me.
Note: Photos are taken by me with my iPhone. My photography skills are lacking, but this gives you a good idea.
10 Reasons Why Maskcara Beauty is My New Favorite Makeup
- Cream based. Easy to apply. Great for color correction. Can apply lighter or heavier for day or night looks.
- Gorgeous highlight (foundation) shades. The colors are soft, natural, and look like “real skin.”
- “Real skin” looking highlight shades. The myriad highlight (foundation) shades look like real skin colors in every shade from light to dark.
- Smooth and creamy texture. All of the products go on like silk and look natural.
- Multi-tasking products. Contour can be used to sculpt face and fill/shape brows. Lip & cheek shades work for blush and lip color. Highlight shades can be used as concealer and foundation. The list goes on.
- Fabulous lip & cheek colors. Highly pigmented, gorgeous colors range from bold to subtle, from nude to peach to pink to plum and beyond.
- Fantastic price point. You can buy all of the products you want without breaking the bank.
- Custom magnetic compacts. Each products magnetically attaches to the Maskcara compact. Change palettes as you wish so when traveling, you only take what you want.
- Soft, glowy illuminators. I am illuminator obsessed and have used all of the best brands (Hourglass, Charlotte Tilbury, Laura Mercier). Maskcara is every bit as good (actually better IMO) and at a fraction of the price.
- Free (and fast) shipping and 30 day returns. It is easy, convenient and risk free to try what you like and keep what you love.
In the short video below, I show an easy 5-minute Maskcara makeover that I love. If you want to know exactly what I use, feel free to message me!!
You can visit Maskcara here to see and/or shop. If you want to be color matched, email me at email@example.com. In the subject line, put your name and “color match.” This will ensure that your email gets sorted correctly. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!