These yummy 3-ingredient apricot glazed party meatballs are coated in a sweetly tangy sauce that makes them irresistible; they disappear in a flash!
These 3-ingredient apricot glazed party meatballs always get raves~especially from men. I made these for our young marrieds small group once, and one of the young husbands asked (as he was piling them on his plate) “is this ALL the meatballs?” He was hoping we had another stash somewhere so that he could come back for more:-)
These meatballs have a perfectly balanced flavor of tart & sweet. I’d describe them as “tangy” with almost an Asian flavor. They are incredibly yummy.
I keep apricot preserves, chili sauce, and frozen meatballs on hand so that I can throw these appetizers together any time I need party food or a savory heavy hors d’oeuvre option. Everyone loves these, and they really are effortless to make.
Preserves: Apricot preserves have a unique nectarous flavor and tartness, so I don’t succumb to the temptation to fall back upon the grape jelly version that is so common with party meatballs. Cook’s Illustrated taste tests rates two brands below:
I couldn’t live without my stainless 3.5 qt casserole crock. It is perfect for making and serving appetizers that need to stay warm. It is digital, and the stainless finish has a modern twist. If you aren’t into digital, this manual dial casserole crock would be my recommendation (per the high amazon reviews).
If you try these yummy morsels, I’d love to hear what you think! I love hearing from savvy readers, so please feel free to leave comments! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 pounds (2 bags) frozen meatballs*
- 2 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 12 ounces (1 bottle) chili sauce
- hot chili flakes, optional
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray; turn to low.
- In small bowl, mix apricot preserves and chili sauce until well blended.
- Pour meatballs into slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over meatballs; stir until well coated.
- Cover; cook on low for 4 hours.
- Keep warm in slow cooker.
* Buy frozen, precooked meatballs. Party size or regular size both work.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 474mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g