This week on The Savvy Cast, Sean Hiller shares about the three most fundamental exercises we should all be doing and why they are so important.
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, I am joined by my son-in-law, Sean Hiller, to discuss the three most important and fundamental exercises. Sean is a PT, DPT, CSCS, and the owner of Vulcan Performance Rehabilitation and Recovery. In this episode, Sean shares just why these movements are so vital to our health as well as how to do them properly.
Who Is Sean Hiller?
Dr. Sean Hiller PT, DPT, CSCS is the owner of the Birmingham Alabama-based physical therapy company, Vulcan Performance Rehabilitation and Recovery. Vulcan is a one-on-one physical therapy company with their methodologies based in strength, conditioning, and fitness. They have a location in Mountain Brook, Alabama and Inverness on Hwy 280 in Alabama.
The Three Archetypal Movements That Yield The Greatest Health ROI:
- Hinge/Deadlift- This is the foundation of all movement and therefore the most fundamental movement! These can be as simple as deadlifting kettlebells in your garage. Deadlifting teaches us how to brace our core and control our spine.
- Squats – Squats are the second most fundamental movement and teach us how to brace our core while we move our hips through space.
- Overhead press – These can help combat bad posture, especially a tendency to hunch over. Overhead presses are vitally important for the health of our entire upper bodies.
Watch A Video Demonstration Of These Movements:
If you have any questions about these movements or general injury questions, you can learn more from Sean and Vulcan on Instagram @vulcanmovement and @seanhiller_physio or check out Vulcan’s website here www.vulcanmovement.com. Feel free to email or message them with questions!
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- Which exercises yield the greatest ROI?
- Should we squat where our knees go past our toes?
- What is the proper way to deadlift?
- Which exercises help with posture?
- Should we squat where our hips are below our knees?
- What is better: the machine or free weights?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Fall Off The Bone Baby Back Ribs
- Mimi’s Famous Skillet Blackberry Cobbler
- How to Stay Independent in Older Age with Personalized Fitness Training
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: