In this post, I’ll share a personal loss along with some Spring recipes and gift ideas for moms, graduates, and newlyweds.
On Losing My Best Buddy Cam
If you’ve followed me any length of time, you know my golden doodle Cam. He was my sidekick and shadow for 6 beautiful years. On May 20th, I held him one last time and told him goodbye. My heart is shattered into a million pieces, but I know it will eventually heal. Many have asked what happened to Cam, so I share the story in this blog post which includes a podcast episode for those who prefer to listen.
Spring recipes for Mother’s Day
If you are looking for recipes to make for a Mother’s Day brunch or lunch, I have several that are easy and make ahead. To me, quiche, salad, and a light dessert make a perfect Spring meal. Link to my favorites below.
- Spinach & Bacon Buttermilk Quiche is savory and delicious. “Real men” will eat this quiche:-)
- Holiday Ham & Cheese Quiche is a simple but classic recipe that is not overly “eggy.”
- Strawberry Nut Bread is a fantastic side for quiche, and it makes two loaves (send one home with mom).
- Mixed Greens Salad with Strawberries is easy and delicious; this Chick-Fil-A Superfood Salad Copycat Recipe is also a perfect side for quiche.
- Paula Deen’s Chessmen Banana Pudding is delicious; make this a day or two ahead and refrigerate.
Gift ideas for moms, graduates, and newlyweds.
I link below to some gift ideas for moms and graduates.
- Breville Nespresso Creatista. This is the ultimate luxury gift for a graduation, wedding, or any special occasion. I use mine almost daily. Currently on sale here at William’s-Sonoma.
- Henkel’s Knife Set. This set is FAB. Self-sharpening block, carbon steel knives, and a great price.
- Breville Smart Oven with Air Fryer. I use this more than my regular oven. It is a workhorse and beautiful on the countertop.
- White serve wear. I have all of the pieces below and get asked for links frequently. I share what the pieces look like in the video below and link to the products as well.
If you aren’t following me on Instagram, please do here @family_savvy. I’d love to have you! It is where I share day-to-day cooking and all my behind-the-scenes, real-life stories. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed, and savvy day!