Hi, my name is Jamie Tarence, the face and force behind Family Savvy. As a “over 50” lifestyle blogger, I’ve LIVED (half a century); I’ve LEARNED (a whole lotta~about a whole lotta), and I love PASSING IT ON (to anyone who cares). I talk about the stuff of life~from food to recipes to beauty to relationships and beyond. #living #learning #passingiton
I say often that I’m not savvy; I’m just blessed with savvy friends. And it’s true. I know a little of “this and that,” but most of what I’ve learned (and share on the blog) comes from others far savvier than I.
A few of them~listed under “Savvy’s” in my blog header~share their expert advice on Family Savvy. From my dear friend and family dermatologist Dr. Jo Herzog to my Ob-Gyn Dr. Greg Banks (who delivered my youngest and still takes care of me), I am blessed to have them and other professionals as expert contributors to Family Savvy.
About Jamie Tarence
- My husband Zane and I entered our 30th year of marriage in 2018. We are called to marriage ministry, sharing what we’ve been through (good, bad & ugly) to give other couples hope that “old love” is worth fighting for.
- I’m a “girl mom” of 3 after 8 years of infertility. God blessed us with test tube twins and years later, a surprise that was “the cherry on top” of our sundae.
- With twins in college and a much quieter nest, my Golden Doodle Cam has become my sidekick. He goes with me pretty much everywhere. #crazydoglady? #yep #sorrynotsorryLOL
- My family worships and serves at Church of the Highlands.
- After years of wishing I loved exercise, I’ve discovered reformer Pilates. #obsessed
- For women who dread the 50’s~don’t. It truly is one of the BEST seasons of life.
I SO hope you find the blog enjoyable, but I mostly hope you find it helpful or inspirational in some way. If so, please let me know. My joy is hearing from readers (all whom I consider friends). Never hesitate to reach out; I make every effort to reply quickly. As always, thanks SO much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!