I made this delicious apple dump cake crisp for my small group Bible study and everyone raved about it, and trust me, you will love it too! This dessert is so easy to make and will be such a hit with your friends and family!
This apple dump cake crisp recipe is so perfect for the holiday season and so easy to make. You can whip this dessert up in no time for when you need a quick and homemade treat.
What type of apple pie filling do I use for apple dump cake crisp?
The type of apple pie filling that I use for this recipe is Duncan Hines Apple Pie filling. You should be able to buy this filling at almost any store. This apple pie filling is GREAT, not only is it delicious but it also is free of artificial flavors and preservatives. It is perfect for this apple dump cake crisp!
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake consists of a type of filling with dry cake mix added on top. A dump cake is similar to a cobbler where the filling has a crust on top. This recipe has the apple pie filling on the bottom and then the cake mix on top. After you add the dry cake mix, add the butter, oats, and pecans, and then bake it. It makes this crust on top so delicious and crispy, a perfect combination with the delightful and sweet filling inside.
Adding the fillings on top of this cake is what makes it so delicious and what makes it an apple dump crisp.
What can I serve with this apple dump cake crisp?
One thing that I love to serve with this apple dump crisp is a scoop of vanilla ice cream since it complements the dish. While this combination is so delicious, it is also so yummy on its own!
Can I make this dessert beforehand?
Absolutely! But if you do make this dessert beforehand, you might want to reheat it before serving since this is SO yummy when warm. If you are planning on making it ahead, I recommend storing it in the fridge in an airtight container. If you are planning to serve it with ice cream, then it is even better when warm!
What are the integral ingredients to this dish (that I won’t have in the house)?
- Apple Pie Filling- Specifically Duncan Hines Simply Pie Filling
- Box Golden Cake Mix- Ducan Hines
Just about everything else, you should have in your pantry at home, but I would double-check just in case!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM MY HOME TO YOURS!
I hope this recipe and others from Family Savvy make your Christmas and holidays more special (and less stressful). As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!
If you like this post, try these recipes:
- How to Make Homemade Egg-Free Eggnog That Everyone Will Love
- Perfect Party Caramel Apple Dip for the Holidays
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 4 TB melted butter
- 2 TB flour
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cans Real Duncan Hines Comstock Simply Apple Pie filling
- Box of butter golden cake mix
- 5 tb butter
- Avocado oil
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Add brown sugar, melted butter. flour, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and apple pie filling together.
- Then add the box cake mix on top.
- Add 5 TB butter scattered on top of the mixture.
- Spray a little bit of avocado oil on top of mixture to make sure the cake batter was covered in oil.
- Add oats and pecans on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in 350F oven.
- Bake 30 minutes covered and then 30 uncovered.
Use a standard sixe baking dish 11x14 or similar