Ashley McMakin is the owner of Ashley Mac’s, a fabulous cafe with five locations in the Birmingham area. This week, Ashley joined The SavvyCast to delve into the story behind one of my favorite restaurants!
Episode At A Glance:
In this episode, Ashley McMakin shared how her love for food led her to create Ashley Mac’s. Ashley described how what started off as a home-run catering company led to her incredibly successful restaurants. Additionally, we discussed the ways they had to adapt during the pandemic, their most popular menu items, and their holiday food bundles.
Who Is Ashley McMakin?
Ashley McMakin has a degree in marketing and advertising from the University of Alabama. Today, she and her husband live in Birmingham, Alabama. Ashley is a mom to three, “but usually four, often five”. Additionally, Ashley is passionate about bringing people together over food, a passion she learned from her mother and grandmother. As a result of this passion, Ashley started a catering company out of her condo as a newlywed. Eventually, the catering company outgrew Ashley’s small kitchen, and it became what is now known as Ashley Mac’s. Ashley Mac’s now has locations in Cahaba Heights, downtown Birmingham, Inverness, Riverchase, and Homewood.
Questions We Answered In This Episode:
- What inspired you to start Ashley Mac’s?
- Where was the first location of Ashley Mac’s?
- How was your company affected by the pandemic?
- What are the most popular menu items?
- What is the Thanksgiving holiday bundle?
- Do you have any advice for female entrepreneurs?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Ashley Mac’s website
- Connect with Ashley Mac’s on Facebook and Instagram: @ashleymacs
- Connect with Ashley McMakin on Instagram @ashley_mcmakin
- Ashley Mac’s Nourish Thanksgiving bundle
- Ashley Mac’s Nourish
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on iTunes, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, also be sure to check these out: