This baked barbecue chicken fingers recipe is a tasty and easy way to prepare chicken tenders. Make this on your next dinner and everyone will never stop raving about it!
These baked barbecue chicken fingers can be made from fresh or frozen chicken tenders. I used frozen because I keep them on hand.
If using frozen tenders, it is important to run cold water over them to remove the ice glaze so that they will break properly. If the ice glaze isn’t rinsed off, the egg coating and crumbs won’t stick to the chicken:-)
These tenders can be whipped up in no time, and the process is simple. First, bread and bake the tenders until done. Second, coat the tenders with the sauce (pour sauce over and turn tenders until covered). Third, return the tenders to the oven just long enough to firm up the sauce.
The end result? The tenders are “sticky” somewhat like boneless wings from Zaxby’s. The sauce can be anything you like~from buffalo wing hot to sweet barbecue to anything in between.
Note: Before baking the breaded tenders, I spray them very liberally with a non-GMO, natural expeller pressed oil spray, Whole Harvest. I order by phone by calling the company whose contact info can be found at wholeharvest.com. Another healthy option for spraying oil directly onto food is using natural oil. If these tenders are not sprayed well, they will be somewhat dry, but still good once coated with sauce.
We dipped these in ranch dressing, and they really were yummy! A huge platter of these baked barbecue chicken tenders with several bowls of dipping sauces would be a fun and tasty addition to a snack table.
Let me hear from you if you try these! Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!
- This Healthy Pork Carnitas Recipe is Must Try
- Easy and Tasty Vegetable Shrimp Tacos
- 12 chicken tenders (I used frozen)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs
- 2 TB water
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Frank's buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 TB water
- 1 TB butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Run cold water over chicken tenders to remove ice glaze (so that breading will stick). Set aside.
- In a large bag, toss flour, both salts & pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water.
- In another bowl, put Panko crumbs.
- Place chicken tenders in bag with flour, tossing until pieces are well coated.
- Dip tenders into egg mixture, then into Panko crumbs, covering evenly.
- Place breaded tenders onto baking sheet.
- Spray tenders liberally with cooking spray or mist with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place tenders in oven to bake.
- In sauce pan, put brown sugar, wing sauce, garlic powder, water & butter on medium heat.
- Stir until all ingredients are well combined and almost boiling.
- When chicken is done (165 degrees on meat thermometer) remove from oven.
- Loosen chicken pieces from pan; pour sauce over chicken on both sides.
- Cover chicken as completely as possible with sauce.
- Return chicken to oven; cook 10 minutes or until chicken looks "sticky" on the outside.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1715Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 31mgSodium 4093mgCarbohydrates 378gSugar 243gProtein 32g