This baked spaghetti pie with four cheeses is super easy and super yummy; make two~one to keep and one to give away!!!
This baked spaghetti pie is a hit with young and old alike. Kids think it is fabulous, and they have no idea that it has ricotta (or cottage) cheese and chive cream cheese~a few secret ingredients that make adults love it all the more.
Baked spaghetti is easy to make using any jarred sauce. My favorite jarred sauce is Rao’s. The marinara and the tomato basil are my favorites. I sometimes use my FAVE homemade spaghetti sauce~which I call the best spaghetti with meat sauce in the world. It you don’t have a homemade spaghetti sauce recipe that you love, bookmark this one. It is the BEST, in my humble opionion:-)
The cream cheese and ricotta (or cottage) add moistures to the pasta and keep it from drying out. Plain cream cheese will work, but I like the added zing from the chive flavored cream cheese in the tub.
The mozzarella can be bought shredded (fresh actually doesn’t work as well), but the parmesan should be as fresh as possible.
Baked spaghetti pie is a great dish to take to a friend who needs a meal. If you decide to take one to a friend, just divide this recipe into two pie plate portions rather than this larger casserole size.
I’d love to hear back from you if you make this. Comments are welcome, so please let me hear from you! Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 12 oz thin spaghetti or vermicilli
- 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 3/4 cup whipped cream cheese with chives
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1 cup parmesan (divided)
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet brown the ground beef. Drain & sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning to browned meat; stir well and set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente (firm to the tooth).
- Drain spaghetti; toss with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add cream cheese and garlic to hot pasta, tossing with tongs until noodles are coated.
- Add all the cottage cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup Italian blend to noodles; toss well.
- Stir in 2 cups spaghetti sauce, tossing well until noodles are evenly coated.
- Spray 11 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press noodles into baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup shredded cheese over noodles.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Cut baked spaghetti into squares; spoon remaining sauce over before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 2165 Total Fat 146g Saturated Fat 79g Cholesterol 613mg Sodium 4226mg Carbohydrates 32g Sugar 5g Protein 190g