Bellini’s white chocolate bread pudding is the signature and most requested dessert at this popular Birmingham dining spot. For those who have long sought the recipe, here goes!
Bellini’s Ristorante is a favorite dining spot for many in the Birmingham area. With an elegant atmosphere and outstanding food, Bellini’s is the perfect place for lunch or dinner – romantic or otherwise.
Bellini’s white chocolate bread pudding is the signature and most requested dessert at the eatery. Rich and decadent, it is served topped with two scoops of vanilla bean gelato on a chocolate drizzled plate. Of all the white chocolate bread puddings I’ve had, this one is hands down the best.
When The Birmingham News published the recipe (submitted by Bellini’s chef), I saved it to pull out for special occasions where such an elegant dessert might be fitting. I think it is perfect for small, sit down dinners where dessert is served to guests individually. Of course the dessert can be served buffet style~directly from the baking dish~in a more casual setting.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Thanks so much for reading. As always, be blessed, and stay savvy!
- 10 egg yolks
- 22 ounces white chocolate chips (3-3/4 cups)*
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- softened butter (just enough to butter the dish)
- 1 1/2 loaves good quality white bread, cut into cubes (I use Pepperidge Farms crusty French)
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until the mixture turns pale yellow. Add white chocolate.
- Heat heavy cream, milk, salt and vanilla bean seeds until almost boiling, 150-155 degrees.
- Temper eggs with cream, 3-4 ounces at a time, constantly whipping until all cream is added and is a smooth consistency.
- Butter a large dish (11 x 13), and place the cubed bread inside.
- Pour the custard over the bread; let sit for 15-20 minutes (or until bread has soaked up custard).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm, alone or with ice cream.
1 cup baking chips = 6 ounces; a 12 oz bag of chips = 2 cups
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 679Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 241mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 0gSugar: 61gProtein: 9g