I share my cheat sheets of the best things to buy at Costco and Trader Joe’s, along with a few recipes using my favorite items.
Click here to download the Episode!
In this episode of The SavvyCast, I share my favorite things to buy at Costco and Trader Joe’s. With Fall knocking at the door, I am gearing up for a big Costco haul. I share all the details in the podcast, but I’ll also share my cheat sheets below.
The Best Things to Buy at Costco.
Below are some of my favorite things to buy at Costco. I share the full list on the podcast, including the final, crown jewel BEST product at Costco that I love more than ANY other. It is on the podcast, with my secret way to prepare it.
- Maple Syrup
- Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Rao’s Marinara
- Kirkland Bacon (I buy precooked)
- Palmetto Farms Pimento Cheese for this yummy cornbread.
- Garden Fresh salsa
- Kirkland parmesan (shredded).
- President’s feta for this black bean corn & feta dip and this whipped feta dip.
- Flat cut beef brisket
- Australian leg of lamb
The Best Things to Buy at Trader Joe’s
Here is my current Trader Joe’s Cheat Sheet, which I update when new products are unveiled. I also link below to recipes using my fave TJ’s products. Note: I share some bonus favorites on my podcast, so give it a listen:-)
- Fresh flowers. Always beautiful and affordable.
- Steamed lentils. I use these to make this yummy tomato lentil soup.
- Mirepoix. I pulse a few times in a food processor.
- T.J.’s Roasted Red Pepper Soup. This is in the tomato lentil soup linked to above.
- Blueberry vanilla chevre. Goat cheese covered in blueberries.
- Asiago with rosemary & olive oil.
- T.J.’s pita crisp crackers.
- Shredded Swiss & Gruyere cheese blend. I use it for this yummy Christmas morning quiche.
- San Marzano grape tomatoes (in produce)
- Shaved Brussels sprouts
- T.J.’s almond butter
- Everything But the Bagel with Sea Salt Seasoning
- T.J.’s chocolate chunks for baking
- EVOO spray
- Egg frittata with Swiss & cauliflower (frozen breakfast foods)
- Chocolate croissants (frozen breakfast foods)
- Frozen hashbrown patties and latkes
- Kringle (almond flavor is great for holiday breakfast)
What are your favorite products at Costco? Trader Joe’s? If you have any fabulous ones to share, please mention them in the comments below! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!