You’ll get a hearty helping of vegetables in this breakfast sausage quiche with a hash brown potato crust instead of a pie crust.
I came up with this sausage and veggies hash brown quiche by tweaking a similar recipe from Simply Potatoes (one of my favorite products).
This isn’t “eggy” or custardy like some quiches; it is more casserole-like. If you like more eggs, just add one more to the liquid mixture. I suggest using a quiche pan or a 9 x 13 casserole dish instead of a pie plate, as this bakes more evenly when spread out.
I made this for my family of five, and everyone loved it. This would easily feed 8 or so, especially with sides. Great accompaniments to this would be fruit, muffins or pastries, and juice.
This would make a perfect Christmas morning breakfast. In fact, I am making one for my family, along with Croissant French Toast with Strawberry Syrup. I’ve made the French toast for years on Christmas morning; it is one of our favorite things:-)
Other quiche or breakfast recipes you might enjoy.
- Spinach, bacon & buttermilk quiche.
- Healthy turkey sausage breakfast cups (Paleo, Whole 30)
- Easy & delicious holiday ham & cheese quiche.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Garlic & Herb Hash Browns
- 3 TB unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green or red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix potatoes with melted butter.
- Press potatoes into a quiche dish or 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet until browned and completely cooked.
- Add onion & pepper to sausage; stir to combine.
- Spread sausage mixture over hash brown crust.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs and 1/2 & 1/2 until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 141mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 15g