Breakfast Sausage Quiche with a Hash Brown Crust
You’ll get a hearty helping of vegetables in this breakfast sausage quiche with a hash brown potato crust instead of a pie crust.
I came up with this sausage and veggies hash brown quiche by tweaking a similar recipe from Simply Potatoes (one of my favorite products).
This isn’t “eggy” or custardy like some quiches; it is more casserole-like. If you like more eggs, just add one more to the liquid mixture. I suggest using a quiche pan or a 9 x 13 casserole dish instead of a pie plate, as this bakes more evenly when spread out.
I made this for my family of five, and everyone loved it. This would easily feed 8 or so, especially with sides. Great accompaniments to this would be fruit, muffins or pastries, and juice.
This would make a perfect Christmas morning breakfast. In fact, I am making one for my family, along with Croissant French Toast with Strawberry Syrup. I’ve made the French toast for years on Christmas morning; it is one of our favorite things:-)
Other quiche or breakfast recipes you might enjoy.
- Spinach, bacon & buttermilk quiche.
- Healthy turkey sausage breakfast cups (Paleo, Whole 30)
- Easy & delicious holiday ham & cheese quiche.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Breakfast Sausage Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
This hearty, savory quiche is easy, delicious, and make ahead!
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Garlic & Herb Hash Browns
- 3 TB unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb. hot breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup green or red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix potatoes with melted butter.
- Press potatoes into a quiche dish or 9 x 13 baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet until browned and completely cooked.
- Add onion & pepper to sausage; stir to combine.
- Spread sausage mixture over hash brown crust.
- In a small bowl, mix eggs and 1/2 & 1/2 until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 336Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 141mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 15g