This recipe makes the best buffalo hot wings chicken dip loaded with cheddar and blue cheese, ranch dressing, chicken and (of course) hot sauce.
What is buffalo hot wings chicken dip?
Buffalo hot wings chicken dip is white meat chicken baked, shredded, and made into a decadent dip. The addition of sharp cheddar and blue cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce makes this dip taste like hot buffalo wings in dip form. It is spicy, flavorful, and buffalo hot.
How hot is buffalo hot wings chicken dip?
Make no mistake; this buffalo chicken dip has kick. On the heat meter, I’d rate it an 8 on a scale of 1-10. If you like hot & spicy like I do, you’ll love this dip. If you prefer milder, just reduce the amount of buffalo sauce from 1 cup to 3/4 cup (or adjust to taste).
How do you make the best buffalo hot wings chicken dip?
The best buffalo hot wings chicken dip has the following ingredients:
- fresh chicken breast meat, baked and shredded (no canned)
- freshly grated or shredded sharp cheddar
- high quality blue cheese crumbles
- a good quality hot sauce: Frank’s is mine (and most everyone’s) favorite
Some buffalo chicken dip recipes call for canned chicken. With all due respect, please noooooo! The extra time it takes to bake or skillet cook a few breasts or tenderloins will make this dip SO much better. If you simply don’t have time to cook chicken from scratch, a half pound of Boar’s Head deli chicken would work beautifully. I suggest getting it “shaved until falling apart,” so that it would stir easily into the dip.
How to make buffalo hot wings dip ahead of time
You can make the chicken a day ahead and keep in the fridge. The next day, shred the chicken and proceed with the recipe. The dip can be made completely up to the point of baking (but do not bake). Keep in fridge up to one day ahead. Bake just before serving.
How to serve buffalo hot wing chicken dip.
This dip can be baked in a quiche dish or one of my current favorite white fluted 10.5″ pie plates. You can also bake the dip in a cast iron au gratin dish and pair it with a marble cheese board for a fabulous mix of rustic and elegant.
Celery sticks are a must for this dip, and they are a healthy dipper for those who want to avoid carbs. Other great dippers are tortilla chips, pita chips, or corn chips. Some folks enjoy putting the chicken dip on slider buns and eating the dip sandwich style.
This dip really is delicious, and I always get asked for the recipe when I take it anywhere. If you make this, please let me know how it turns out (leave comments below). As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped or lightly pulsed in food processor
- 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's)
- 8 oz (1 cup) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With mixer, blend cream cheese & ranch dressing until smooth.
- In medium bowl, stir chicken and hot sauce until well blended.
- Pour cream cheese/ranch mixture over chicken mixture; mix well.
- Add shredded cheddar; stir until well blended.
- Spread into a greased, shallow dish (quiche pan or baking dish).
- Bake 25-30 minutes until beginning to bubbly at the edges.
- Serve with celery and corn chips, tortilla chips, or Wheat Thins.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 40mgSodium 795mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 1gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 9g