Morgan Creek joins me to share the powerful story of losing her twin daughters to a rare genetic mutation called HECW2. She shares about her daughters’ diagnoses, her family’s grieving process, and how this experience has changed her own platform.
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, Morgan Cheek of @seedsandleaven joins me to share her powerful testimony. Morgan and her husband had twin girls who were diagnosed with HECW2. HECW2 is an incredibly rare genetic mutation, and her girls were two of only seven children in the world to have it at the time. In this episode, Morgan shares about grieving her twin daughters, the process of adopting her son, and how she began WinMo Fitness to help people cope with trauma while building a healthy lifestyle.
Who Is Morgan Cheek?
Morgan Cheek is the author of three books, the latest being Even In Darkness. She is the co-owner of WinMo Fitness, an online fitness company that specializes in fitness programming, nutrition coaching, and coaching accountability. Morgan has her Master’s in Social Work, and WinMo Fitness also partners with studios and retreat centers to do conferences that focus on the mind/body connection and how the power of movement can tremendously help with trauma and stress.
She and her husband, Hugh, have three children- two in heaven, Bailey Grace (6) and Ally (7), and one on earth, James (who was adopted from China at the age of 7 and is now 11). Morgan is passionate about helping people believe they are already loved and accepted by God as is. She longs to help others understand how to live their best, authentic lives in the midst of all seasons. Additionally, Morgan is an endurance athlete who loves any kind of physical challenge. You won’t ever come to her house without finding several candles lit-and probably her latest baking project, too.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What is HECW2?
- Did Morgan have any help when caring for her twin girls?
- What was the adoption process like for adopting their son?
- What symptoms did her twins experience as a result of HECW2?
- When Bailey Grace passed, did Morgan know that Ally was also going to pass?
- What has the grieving process been like for the entire family?
- How has Morgan’s platform changed over time and what is it like now?
- What is WinMo Fitness and how did it come to be?
- How has fitness been a coping mechanism for Morgan?
- How can listeners connect with WinMo Fitness?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- On Milk and Honey: How God’s Goodness Shows up in Unexpected Places
- Are We There Yet?: One Sojourner’s Journey Through Dross Consumed and Gold Refined
- Even in Darkness: A Guided Grief Journal and Daily Devotional to Uncover Raw Authenticity During Grief, Loss, and Depression
- WinMo Fitness
- Instagram:@seedsandleaven and @winmofitness
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated! If you would prefer to watch the podcast interview, check it out on Youtube. Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: