This Chick-fil-A superfood salad copycat recipe tastes almost exactly like the original and is super yummy, super easy, and super healthy!!!
If you love the Chick-fil-A superfood salad, you might want to bookmark this recipe now. It tastes almost identical to the Chick-fil-A version and couldn’t be easier to make. Better yet, this is a delicious and easy way to get a healthy side on the table that most everyone will eat and love.
I actually posted this years ago but am sharing again since so many friends are looking for healthy recipes. You can definitely try the real version at Chick-fil-A, which they sell in small portions and in large catering sizes.
What is in the Chick-fil-A superfood salad?
- Description (per Chick-fil-A): Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend.
What is the nutritional content of the Chick-fil-A superfood salad?
- Nutritional info: 140 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 16 g carbs, and 3 g protein, 80% vitamin C, and 45% vitamin A.
What does the superfood salad taste like?
The salad is served lightly coated in the vinaigrette which gives it a pleasantly tender texture. The nuts add a salty crunch and the cherries a sweet tang. It is a perfect blend of flavors and textures~sweet, salty, tangy, soft & crunchy.
This salad is SO simple to make. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients and substitutions that work.
- Broccolini: Broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese kale. It can be hard to find and is typically more expensive than broccoli. I’ve used both with great (almost identical) results.
- Kale: Bagged kale is easy to find. I try to find it pre-washed and well trimmed. Even the trimmed needs a bit more prep to remove tough stalks.
- Nuts: Trader Joe’s T.J.’s Cranberry, Almond & Cashew Trail Mix is a perfect nut blend for those who don’t want the added sugar of glazed nuts; this blend also contains cranberries.
- Cherries: Dried cherries are sweeter. I tend to use cranberries (pomegranate infused Craisins are wonderful).
- Maple Vinaigrette- This is a basic maple vinagrette recipe that is easy and delicious. As with any dressing, better ingredients yield a better result, so I use good quality maple syrup, Dijon, and EVOO.
Make ahead: This superfood salad keeps well for 2-3 days in the fridge. Simply toss all ingredients in an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use. NOTE: Add vinaigrette just before serving if you prefer a fresher, crisper salad. If you’d like to see me putting this salad together, watch the short video below.
If you make this, I’d love to hear your thoughts! If you’ve had the real version, I’d love to hear how you think this copycat version compares. I try to reply quickly to everyone who posts a comment.
And please visit our Family Savvy storefront to see all my amazon faves and must-haves for you, your home and your loved ones.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed and savvy day!!!
- SUPERFOOD SALAD:
- 1 bunch broccolini (may also use broccoli florets)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup nut blend (almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (may also use dried cranberries)
- MAPLE VINAIGRETTE:
- 6 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TB apple cider vinegar
- 2 TB pure maple syrup
- 4 1/2 TB Dijon mustard
- coarse pepper & kosher salt to taste
- Trim broccolini or broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Chop kale into small pieces, removing thick stems.
- Toss broccoli, kale, nuts and cherries/cranberries into bowl.
- Pour maple vinaigrette over; massage until well combined
- Keep refrigerated for up to two days.
- MAPLE VINAIGRETTE:
- Whisk maple syrup, cider vinegar and mustard in large bowl (or in small food processor) until combined.
- Add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until the vinaigrette emulsifies and thickens.
- Refrigerate up to two weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1405Total Fat: 118gSaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 1655mgCarbohydrates: 69gSugar: 42gProtein: 8g