In this episode of The SavvyCast, my guest Ruth McKeaney joins me to discuss her book, Hungry for Home: A Year Together at Hillside Farm. If you want inspiration and ideas for creating a welcoming home, this is a must-have book. Ruth also shares myriad recipes that are fabulous for family dinners to large-scale parties.
Some things we discuss in this episode:
- Ruth and her husband’s years of experience in historic home “rehab” and flipping historic homes.
- How Ruth and her family have renovated the historic Hillside Farm.
- Beautiful and practical ways to decorate a home.
- How to be intentional in decorating a space
- How to turn cooking mistakes into humorous memories.
- Ruth’s go-to paint colors (including a fabulous navy that I am obsessed with).
- A few of Ruth’s favorite seasonal recipes.
- How Ruth went from despising gardening to appreciating it.
- Dove White (favorite neutral).
- Van Deusen Blue (HC 156) fabulous navy.