This Dawn & Vinegar shower door cleaner is the easiest, cheapest, and BEST way to keep shower doors clean, sparkling & soap scum free!
This Dawn & vinegar shower door cleaner is so effective at keeping shower doors clean that I leave a bottle in my shower year round. It costs little to nothing and works like a charm~better than any cleaning solution I’ve ever purchased.
Dull shower doors used to be one of my biggest cleaning frustrations until I discovered the power packed duo of Dawn and vinegar. This simple and inexpensive solution cuts through the persistent film left by soap scum, and it does so with completely natural, non-toxic ingredients.
Before discovering the Dawn and vinegar solution, I tried myriad store bought products that claimed to clean shower doors. Nothing yielded good results. The bottom line is that cleaning shower doors is a very challenging task, and soap scum is hard to remove without the right ingredients.
Fortunately, the right ingredients are simple, inexpensive, and effective. All you need is Dawn, white vinegar, and a professional spray bottle.
If you’ll use this several times weekly, your shower doors will stay clear and clean, as soap scum will be kept at bay. Below I share in a video how I make and use this Dawn & Vinegar Shower Door Cleaner…..
Recipe for Dawn & Vinegar Shower Door Cleaner
- 1 part Dawn liquid (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 part white vinegar (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 professional sprayer (this solution won’t spray well from a cheap spray bottle)
- Heat 1 1/2 cups vinegar in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into spray bottle.
- Add 1 1/2 cups liquid Dawn to spray bottle.
- Shake well.
Here are a few tips for making the most of this solution.
1) Have a funnel handy so that you can easily fill the sprayer with both solutions.
2) Heat vinegar before adding the Dawn. Supposedly, heating the vinegar prior to adding the Dawn makes the solution mix together more efficiently, so I always heat my vinegar when making a new bottle of solution.
3). Put the solution in a professional sprayer. I found a Zep professional sprayer at Home Depot, and it is far superior to any sprayer I’ve ever used. It is sturdy, comfortable in the hand, and sprays a large surface area with each pull of the trigger. I tried a few inexpensive sprayers before tossing them all and getting one that works. This sprayer can also be purchased here on amazon but is less expensive at Home Depot.
4) Keep a squeegee in the shower to use with the spray. The OXO Good Grips All-Purpose Squeegee is my favorite for both shower doors and windows. It is much easier and less expensive than cloths or paper towels.
Note: If you do the process while showering, be prepared for a strong vinegar smell. This doesn’t bother me at all, as vinegar is natural and non-toxic.
So there you have it~my favorite cleaning hack for the bathroom~Dawn Shower Door Cleaner. I hope you try this; if so, please comment so the rest of us can hear your thoughts!!! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay (shower door) savvy!!!