This October checklist will help you get things done NOW so that November and December will be more stress free and relaxing with family and friends.
Wrap Up Shopping Early (and In Stages)
Gifts for Helpers (House Cleaners, Garbage Collectors, Mail Carriers, etc….)
- Cash is king here. Make list of recipients and gift by Thanksgiving.
- Buy money envelopes; fill them with cash; jot a short note; set aside until ready to gift.
- To add a sweet treat, buy ingredients for this yummy no-bake candy and pull out when ready to make/gift.
Thanksgiving Gifts to Enjoy During Holidays
Consider a Thanksgiving gift to every family member of The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery. Be prepared to have fun, deep, and intriguing conversation during the holidays. Other tools to help include:
- Let’s Talk the Enneagram with Jordan Jones. (An overview of all 9 types described by an Enneagram expert).
- How to Know What Number You are on the Enneagram.
- How to Know Thyself (and Others) With the Enneagram. How to look past “self” and look to “others” types.
Shop Early; Shop Smart
Many retailers offer huge sales for early shoppers. A few other things to consider if shopping early for holidays.
- Rakuten is AH-MAZING; I share how I use it to save tons in in this blog post, even on luxury items that never go on sale.
- Start earning cash back on shopping with now by signing up here.
- Check Family Savvy next Friday for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card (compliments of Rakuten).
Get Beauty Treatments Done
Before the busy, much photographed holidays arrive, get your face in tip top shape (if you do those kinds of things). Here’s my checklist; marked off last week.
- Injections~botox, filler~peels. Be party ready when November rolls around.
- Have hair appointments scheduled.
- Schedule manis & pedis (walk-ins anywhere are hard during holiday season).
Home Decor & Holiday Cards
My goal every year is to have my home decorated (except for fresh greenery which I update as needed) and holiday cards ordered (and mailed) by Thanksgiving. It doesn’t always happen, but life is less stressed when it does. Some tips….
- If you need ideas, check out my Gift Guide: Christmas decor: gold, white and neutral decor from last year.
- Order holiday cards. I love Minted and try to take advantage of the 20% off for early shopping.
- While decorating, be aware of holiday hazards to pets that my veterinarian shared in this blog post.
Fix, Freeze & Make Holiday Meals a Breeze
I am obsessed about fixing favorite dishes, freezing them, and pulling them out when needed during the holidays. Here are my tried and true faves.
- Favorite Chicken Tetrazzini for a Crowd
- Best Baked Ziti for a Crowd
- The Best Spaghetti with Meat Sauce in the World
- All Day In the Oven Brisket (Buy meat; freeze in marinade to have on hand)
I hope these tips are helpful!!! If you want to see my day to day cooking tips, follow me @family_savvy on instagram. And remember to check back Friday for the $100 Visa card giveaway! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!