This super easy Ham & Gruyere Quiche is a wonderful make ahead dish to serve at breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
This is one of the easiest quiche recipes ever. You can use leftover ham or the pre-diced packages of ham found in meat aisles at grocery stores. Gruyere is typically found in the deli cheese case with the gourmet cheeses. Gruyere is one of my favorite cheeses. It is similar to Swiss and goes so well with ham.
I use Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust and just blind bake it before filling it. This ensures that the crust doesn’t get soggy. If you prefer using a frozen pie crust, it works great also.
Make ahead: The quiche can be made up to the point of baking and refrigerated up to a day ahead.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (I use Pillsbury refrigerated)
- 1 cup diced ham
- 6 oz Gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (may use half & half for richer quiche)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll pie crust, pierce a few times with a fork, and place into pie dish.
- Bake the pie crust for 8-9 minutes; remove from oven.
- Sprinkle chopped ham on top of pie crust.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of ham.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, sour cream & spices; pour over ham and cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until center is set and the quiche is just set.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1079 Total Fat 70g Saturated Fat 40g Cholesterol 228mg Sodium 3571mg Carbohydrates 42g Sugar 14g Protein 67g