Be a savvy hostess this holiday with this easy, delicious Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole that can be prepped a day ahead and simply cooked or reheated on the big day.
Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole is the perfect Thanksgiving side! Who wants to be making a casserole on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day? #notme:-) Thankfully, this dish is easy to prepare a day ahead, so now you — the hostess with the mostest — can relax and enjoy the party!
Two options for make-ahead.
- Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; put in ziploc. Meal day~add topping and bake fully.
- Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; reserve for next day. Bake potatoes. Meal day~add topping to potatoes and simply bake until heated through.
Either of the above options will make a fabulous, stress free, delicious, easy to finish Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole to serve family and friends. They will love it!
Time Saving Tip: Ready to steam whole sweet potatoes can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores. They take 8-10 minutes in the microwave~so quick and easy! You just pierce the package and microwave.
If you prefer a stovetop sweet potato side that is not quite as decadent as this one but still delicious, this William’s-Sonoma Sweet Potato Mash recipe is divine! I’ve made it; it was a hit.
If you make this, let us all hear how it turns out; leave comments below! I try to reply as quickly to everyone who posts.
I love the traditional holiday sides and will be sharing many more family faves; stay tuned! And please visit our Family Savvy storefront to see my amazon faves and must-haves for you, your home and your loved ones.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a joyful, blessed and savvy day!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/3 stick butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (At this point, dish can be covered and refrigerated.)
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The brown sugar and pecan crust should be slightly browned and crunchy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 400Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 51mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 41gProtein 6g