Be a savvy hostess this holiday with this easy, delicious Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole that can be prepped a day ahead and simply cooked or reheated on the big day.
Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole is the perfect Thanksgiving side! Who wants to be making a casserole on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day? #notme:-) Thankfully, this dish is easy to prepare a day ahead, so now you — the hostess with the mostest — can relax and enjoy the party!
Two options for make-ahead.
- Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; put in ziploc. Meal day~add topping and bake fully.
- Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; reserve for next day. Bake potatoes. Meal day~add topping to potatoes and simply bake until heated through.
Either of the above options will make a fabulous, stress-free, delicious, easy to finish Ruth’s Chris sweet potato casserole to serve family and friends. They will love it!
Time Saving Tip: Ready to steam whole sweet potatoes can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores. They take 8-10 minutes in the microwave~so quick and easy! You just pierce the package and microwave. If you make this, let us all hear how it turns out; leave comments below! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/3 stick butter, melted
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (At this point, dish can be covered and refrigerated.)
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The brown sugar and pecan crust should be slightly browned and crunchy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 6g