These easy overnight oats in jars make perfect, individual portions of hearty, healthy, yummy breakfast that every family member can grab from the fridge as needed on busy mornings.
My family is loving these easy overnight oats in jars. During the week, we are all running in different directions, so I like to have options for “grab & go” that are not only easy, but healthy and filling.
My daughters’ sweet friend Maddy stayed with us Easter weekend and made these easy overnight oats in jars for Emma and me. Oh my, my…..we LOVED them!
Tips For Easy Overnight Oats
- For all my overnight oats, I use a ratio of equal parts oats and liquid (milk).
- Start with the basics~plain oatmeal or muesli. Never use quick oats; they’ll turn mushy.
- Add a bit of something naturally sweet~mashed or sliced banana, coconut, maple syrup or honey.
- Sprinkle on some crunchy things~seeds, nuts, cocoa nibs, chia seeds, granola…..
- Throw in some form of protein~a spoonful or so of Greek yogurt, flax or hemp seed, or your favorite nut butter.
- Sass them up with some flavoring~I love cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cocoa.
- Pour milk on top; cover and refrigerate. Don’t forget to stir before eating; that makes ALL the difference!
- Note: You can add crunchy things just before stirring if you like really crunchy (overnight will soften them).
Jars: I use glass jars with snap on lids (link below) but Mason jars work well also!
Mason jars work fine, but I love these jars with snap on lids.
Here’s the recipe for the oats pictured in the blog today. The great thing about these easy overnight oats in jars is how EASY it is to make them exactly how you like them!
Do you have a fave recipe for overnight oats? If so, please share in the comments!!! If you try these, I’d love to hear what you think. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!
- 1/2 cup plain oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use coconut almond milk)
- 1 tsp mashed banana
- 1 tsp blueberries
- 1 tsp chopped strawberries
- chopped pecans & coconut
- smidge of honey
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Place oatmeal in jar.
- Add all other ingredients, ending with milk.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to eat, stir and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215 Total Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 37g Protein: 8g