Emily Hutchinson’s testimony of grief, faith, and hope is a powerful story that has impacted so many. You will surely be blessed by this episode!
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, my fellow GAC community member Emily Hutchinson joins me. Emily is a two-time cookbook author, a TV cookie competition judge, and even teaches baking classes through Williams Sonoma. She and her husband have three precious children and are the parents to one “angel.” In this episode, Emily shares her family’s story of losing her two-and-a-half-month daughter to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) in 2018. Listeners will hear how this tragic loss affected Emily and her family and how their faith became the foundation of their lives. Additionally, Emily shares tips for how friends and families of grieving loved ones can offer support.
Who Is Emily Hutchinson?
Emily Hutchinson is a two-time cookbook author and TV cookie competition judge for Hallmark. She has a new series called “The sweet life with Emily” premiering on the GAC community app. Emily teaches online baking classes with Willams Sonoma, and she teaches her tips and tricks on national television. Emily has also taught celebrities like Rachael Ray and Lance Bass from NSYNC how to make her delicious cookies. Her work has been featured on the cover of magazines and has spread all over social media. She is an avid home-baker that creates trusted recipes in her kitchen.
Emily is a mother of three children and one angel. Her beautiful story from the loss of her daughter to her triumph in the kitchen will leave you full of hope. Emily, her husband Mike, and their kids live in a small town north of Seattle Washington called Arlington. She has built a brand around joy, hope, and delicious desserts that taste as good as they look.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What do Emily’s cookbooks feature?
- How did baking become a passion for Emily?
- When did Emily get into decorating cookies?
- How did the tragedy of losing her daughter impact Emily’s life today?
- What are some acts of service that others can do to help a family grieving a loss?
- How did Emily and her family come to have a close relationship with the Lord?
- How did Emily become affiliated with Hallmark?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Emily’s cookbooks
- Connect with Emily on Instagram
- Emily’s blog
- Check out Emily’s baking classes
- The Best Black Bean, Corn, and Feta Dip
Connect With GAC:
- Instagram: @gactv and @gacliving
- The Great American Family Channel Finder
- Sign up for the Great American Family newsletter
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!!
If you like this podcast, be sure to check these out: