Everything You Need to Know About Roasting Vegetables to Perfection
I share my best tips and techniques for roasting any vegetable to perfection so that you will ENJOY cooking at home and eating the best vegetables of your life.
Click here to download the Episode!
These tips, tricks, and techniques will give you everything you need to know about roasting any (and all) vegetables to perfection!!
In this episode of The SavvyCast, I share everything you need to know about roasting any vegetables into a perfectly delicious side dish for your family!
In this recent blog post, I shared the best ways to prepare and roast vegetables. This post received such a positive response, and many readers emailed or messaged me with more questions on the subject. I decided to share most of what was asked in podcast form. It is often easier to “talk through something” when discussing food!
In this podcast episode, I discuss must-have ingredients, helpful kitchen tools, and cooking techniques to make your roasted veggies crispy and flavorful!
Questions that I answer in this podcast.
- What temperature is best for roasting vegetables?
- How do you roast vegetables without drying them out?
- Which oil is best for roasting vegetables?
- How long do you roast vegetables at 425 F?
- What vegetables can be roasted together?
Essential pantry items for roasting vegetables.
Oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil)
- Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- California Olive Ranch EVOO
- Trader Joe’s Sicilian EVOO
- Trader Joe’s Avocado Oil or EVOO spray (supplements the above but does not substitute for full oil)
Good quality kosher salt.
- Morton Kosher Salt
- Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt
Coarse Ground Pepper
Kitchen Tool Essentials:
Extra Large Baking Sheet
Good Quality Knives
- 7” Cutco Chef’s Knife
- Santoku 7″ Chef’s Knife
Large flexible turner.
- OXO Fish Turner (fish spatula)
Best Cooking Techniques in Roasting Vegetables for the Best Results
- The ideal temperature for roasting just about any vegetable is 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil/Season your veggies by putting them in a bowl and drizzle, toss, and massage.
- Toss and Flip Veggies when cooking.
- Once they are pulled out of the oven, drizzle a tad bit of fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar to add flavor.
- Use Ghee (Clarified Butter) or Pure Butter Spray to add even more flavor.
- Toss a handful of parmesan on top of roasted veggies.
I hope this podcast episode helps you achieve some deliciously crispy roasted veggies that you’ll want to make over and over again. If these suggestions have helped you, feel free to let me know! I would love to hear how your veggies turned out.
Resources related to this podcast.
Blog post~How to Make Oven Roasted Vegetables That are Absolutely Delicious~with recipes.