Funfetti cake mix brownies are super easy to whip up in half an hour or less, and they are as pretty and yummy as store bought brownies.
These funfetti cake brownies are dense, rich, and delicious, with the texture of a brownie and the taste of a bakery style sugar cookie. The recipe is beyond easy, and a batch of these treats can be made, cut, and served in less than an hour.
A note on sprinkles: the more the merrier! I buy the largest bottle of sprinkles that I can find, as I use them liberally any time I make cupcakes, sugar cookies, or funfetti anything!
A note on cook time: These should be very moist in the center, so watch closely. As soon as the edges begin to be visibly turning golden, remove the pan. The bars will firm up just right as they harden. Under baking is always preferable to over baking:-)
A note on pan prep: Life in the kitchen is always better with parchment AND cooking spray! Lining a pan with parchment before spraying with Pam makes it so easy to lift the entire batch from the pan (after completely cool) so that cutting in pretty, even pieces is a snap.
Let me hear back from you if you try these; I’d love to hear your thoughts! Thanks so much for reading! Be blessed, and stay savvy!
- 1 box funfetti or white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sprinkles (use less if using funfetti cake mix)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 TB water
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking pan (11 x 13) with parchment and spray with Pam.
- In medium bowl, lightly whisk eggs, milk, oil, and almond extract.
- Add cake mix and sprinkles (if using).
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Top with extra sprinkles (if desired).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges just barely begin to brown.
- Remove; allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Store in airtight container.
- Mix sugar, water and extract until smooth. Stir in sprinkles.
- Pour glaze over brownies; spread with a pastry brush.
- Allow glaze to cool and set; cut brownies into squares.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 665Total Fat 74gSaturated Fat 5g