Funfetti white chocolate brownies are like an oversized sugar cookie loaded with colorful sprinkles!
These brownies are an easy, yummy, sugar cookie tasting treat that you can whip up in no time with ingredients that you likely have on hand. These are a scratch version of my Funfetti Cake Mix Sugar Cookie Brownies which use cake mix as a base.
A note on baking time: Since these brownies can easily over bake, take care to watch them carefully after about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven as soon as the edges begin to harden and the top is set and begins to crack. The brownies will continue to firm up after removing from the oven.
A note on white chocolate chips: According to Cook’s Illustrated, the best white baking chips are Guittard Choc-Au-Lait White Chips (found at Whole Foods and some specialty food stores) and Ghirardelli Premium White Baking Chips (found in most stores). These are recommended for their flavor, meltability, and smooth texture.
A note on flavorings: I am a huge fan of almond extract and prefer it to vanilla in this recipe (and most white baked goods~cakes, cookies, bars, etc….). If you don’t like almond, just substitute an equal amount of vanilla.
- 6 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (Guittard or Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a glass bowl, melt the white chocolate according to package instructions.
- Stir softened butter into melted chocolate.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add salt, almond extract, and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Stir in sprinkles until well combined.
- Spread batter into a greased 8" pan.
- Add extra sprinkles on top if desired.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until top is set and just begins to have slight cracks on surface.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 3523Total Fat 147gSaturated Fat 86gCholesterol 465mgSodium 2508mgCarbohydrates 491gSugar 345gProtein 45g