Here are 10 easy and delicious ground beef recipes you’ll make on repeat for family and friends.
How do you cook ground beef for the best flavor, texture and color?
I love making golden brown crispy bits of ground beef rather than just the soft, gray chunks of meat. I’m always asked, “How do you make flavorful ground beef with a more crispy texture?” In this blog post and podcast episode, I give 10 tips on how to easily crisp, season and freeze it for later.
What seasonings go well with ground beef?
I simply use kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder. My oil of choice is extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil, but I use just a small amount to add flavor and prevent sticking. That’s it! You don’t need a plethora of seasonings to add great flavor to ground beef.
How do you freeze ground beef?
Freezing your ground beef will make meal prepping super easy! Once you’ve cooked your ground beef, place it in a Ziploc freezer bag and remove the air from the bag. I always label the bag with the date that I place the meat in the freezer. This helps me remember how long something has been frozen. Ground beef stays well in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you own a vacuum sealer, you can keep it longer than this!
10 ground beef recipes:
- Homemade spaghetti sauce with meat– Cook that ground beef low and slow in a slow cooker to make the best spaghetti sauce.
- Baked ziti– If you’re looking to feed a crowd, then this baked ziti recipe is a must!
- Spicy hamburger vegetable soup– This soup is a Family Savvy fan-favorite, especially during cold weather.
- Shepherd’s pie– If you’re looking for a low-budget, filling meal, then give this shepherd’s pie a try. This shepherd’s pie is sure to fill you up without all the added calories.
- Sloppy joes with a zesty meat sauce– Whether you’re making sloppy joes for an easy weeknight meal or your serving sloppy joe sliders for a party, this recipe is fabulous. You can even make this meat sauce ahead of time.
- Ground beef stroganoff– Here is my twist on a classic Russian dish, but instead of beef tips I used ground beef.
- Beefy cabbage soup– This soup is low-carb, high protein, Whole30, keto and paleo-approved.
- Beef & butternut squash chili– This super delicious, smoky & complex beef & butternut squash chili is also super healthy and loaded with protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Beef & cheese noodle bake– The beef and cheese noodle bake keeps for several days in the fridge, reheats beautifully and freezes well.
- Healthy Italian-style turkey stuffed peppers– If you’re a fan of stuffed peppers, then you can make this with ground turkey OR ground beef.
Ground beef is a staple in most cooking, so I hope these recipes are helpful to you and your family. I know that you are sure to enjoy some of these wonderful selections. If you’ve tried any of these recipes, let me know your thoughts in the comments. As always, be blessed and stay savvy!