Ground chicken pizza crust is a gluten free, Paleo friendly way to enjoy pizza without the carbs or a traditional crust.
Pizza crust doesn’t have to be made of flour to be outstanding. After making my first ever pizza crust from ground chicken, I was amazed at how delicious it was. The mixture of meat, cheeses, and seasonings baked into a golden cheesy crust that my whole family loved.
The parmesan and mozzarella melt and bind the meat together into a rich, golden, slightly crispy crust that will hold up under any toppings. The seasonings add extra flavor to an otherwise bland ground chicken.
Make Ahead: The crust can be made early in the day and kept in the fridge until ready to add toppings and bake. The first bake cooks the chicken completely; the second bake simply melts the cheeses and cooks the toppings.
Note: I use Johnny’s Great Caesar Garlic Spread & Seasoning in this and most anything related to pizza, spaghetti, pasta sauce, etc…. It adds a cheesy, garlicky, savory flavor that it wonderful. It is one of my favorite go-to seasonings.
I made a bbq chicken pizza by topping this crust with bbq sauce, chunks of bbq chicken, sautéed red onion and green pepper, and loads of mozzarella cheese. After 10 minutes in the oven, it was meaty, cheesy, melted and delicious!
There are countless ways to use this crust to make your own favorite pizza. If you make this, please comment and share your ideas and suggestions with the rest of us! Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 1/4 pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan, shredded
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB Johnny's Great Caesar (or 1 tsp garlic salt)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (I use Penzey's frozen pizza seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground chicken, cheeses and spices until well combined.
- Place the ground chicken mixture onto the pizza pan or baking sheet.
- With rolling pin or hands (I wear gloves and use hands), spread mixture into a thin layer.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to top and bake.
- To bake, add topping and bake 10 more minutes until cheeses are melted.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1007 Total Fat 64g Saturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 405mg Sodium 2051mg Carbohydrates 3g Protein 113g