I’ve made my own version of healthy “supreme” pizza on Trader Joe’s cauliflower pizza crust, and it has been a hit with family and friends.
This healthy “supreme” pizza on Trader Joe’s cauliflower pizza crust is one of my fam’s new favorite weeknight meals. I’ve stocked up on several of the new and wonderfully convenient TJ’s frozen cauliflower pizza crusts and have devised a few tricks to doctoring these to taste as much like “dough” crust as possible.
If you don’t live near a TJ’s, you can make your own cauliflower pizza crust. Check out this recipe making a crust with cauliflower crumbles (readily available at Wal-Mart and several grocers). If you are near a TJ’s, definitely give this frozen crust a try; it is tons easier than making your own.
This pizza is SUPER easy to make, but it is a multi-tasking recipe. The crust takes roughly half an hour to bake (15ish minutes per side), which gives more than enough time to prepare toppings. Once the crust is topped, baking time is short~just until cheese melts and pizza is bubbly and golden.
Crust: The most important part of giving this crust the taste and texture closest to dough crust lies in getting it as crisp as possible. I’ve only used the oven method, and I’ve cooked both sides much longer than the box indicates. My friend Deb (who ate this pizza and loved it), said that putting the crust on a Big Green Egg might take it to crispy, smoked perfection. If she tries that, I’ll let you know how it turns out:-)
I’ve shared my “supreme” version in the recipe below, but this can be totally tweaked to preference. My pizza pantry just stays stocked with any or all of the following, and I add whatever is on hand.
- pepperoni (Boar’s Head regular and turkey are fab)
- Canadian bacon
- chicken sausage (fully cooked) in Italian sausage flavor or other
- smoked sausage (Conecuh)
- browned & seasoned ground beef
- cooked chicken breast strips
- mozzarella (whole milk is my preference)
- fresh parmesan (I keep the big container from Costco)
- Gruyere (goes great with gourmet pizzas
- Feta (Greek pizza)
- blue cheese (buffalo chicken pizza)
Veggies & Toppings:
- pizza sauce (Del Grosso is my fave; one jar is enough for several pizzas)
- fresh peppers (all colors)
- fresh onion
- fresh mushrooms
- black olives (jar or can)
- pineapple chunks (for Hawaiian pizza)
- artichoke hearts
- fresh spinach leaves
- sliced jalapeno peppers
- canned dried parmesan (to top at the end if you prefer)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Below are some pics of how easy the process of creating a healthy “supreme” pizza using TJ’s frozen cauliflower crust:
The options are endless for this fresher, healthier, yummy version of pizza, so please share if you create one of your own that turns out well. If you try this, I’d love to hear your thoughts. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust (frozen)
- olive oil spray
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil (to sautee pizza toppings)
- Del Grosso pizza sauce (or your favorite)
- shredded parmesan
- onions, sliced and diced
- peppers, sliced and diced,
- mushrooms, sliced
- black olives
- hot Italian chicken sausage
- Canadian bacon
- spinach leaves
- Italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Remove crust from box; spray with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with small amount of parmesan and garlic salt.
- Line baking sheet with foil; place baking rack on top; spray with oil.
- Place crust on top of baking rack.
- Bake each side until lightly golden (longer than instructed on box).
- To get crisper crust, heat near broiler last few minutes.
- Chop or slice all toppings into uniform pieces.
- Saute sliced sausages first until slightly golden; remove from pan.
- Add all veggies; saute until softened but still crisp-tender.
- Season veggies; toss in all meats and stir until warm.
- When crust is done, remove from oven.
- Spread think layer of pizza sauce over crust (save remainder for future use).
- Sprinkle more parmesan atop sauce.
- Spread all toppings evenly over crust.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and seasonings to taste.
- Return to 475 degree oven; bake until cheese melted and bubbly.