How I Earn Cash Back Shopping Online and In Stores with Rakuten
I have been using Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) to save money shopping for over three years now. In this episode, I share my best tips on how to make the most of Rakuten to maximize your savings!
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, I am sharing about one of my all-time favorite “savvy” shopping hacks, Rakuten. I love using Rakuten year-round, but it especially comes in handy during the holidays. I have been using Rakuten for three years now, and in the process, I have saved over $1,800! In this episode, I share how to use Rakuten as well as a referral code to get you started.
What Is Rakuten and How Does It Work?
Rakuten is a program that pays cash back to shoppers who make purchases online at affiliate stores that are listed on the Rakuten website. There are myriad stores, but a few faves are Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Athleta, Bloomingdales, and Macy’s. Affiliates also include restaurants, hotels, and delivery services (i.e. Shari’s Berries). Each time you visit an online shop, you will get a pop-up reminder that shows how much cash back the store you are shopping at offers. Once you click the activate savings button, you will get confirmation that you are getting savings with the “Congratulations” button. It really is that easy!
How to Start Earning Cash Back With Rakuten:
- Sign Up: You can sign up here for Rakuten and start earning cashback immediately! When you use my referral code, you support Family Savvy and also get a $30 bonus when you spend $30!
- Install the Rakuten button on your browser: Once you are signed up for Rakuten, you’ll need to install the cash back button on your browser. Instructions for how to do this are here.
- Download the Rakuten app on your phone: This allows you to use Rakuten for shopping online and in stores with your phone. If you use the Rakuten app to shop in an actual store, you will need to “link” a credit card within the app.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- Why is Rakuten a savvy way to shop?
- How do I download Rakuten?
- How does Rakuten work?
- What are some of the items you have saved on by using Rakuten?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Check out this blog post for more tips on how to use Rakuten to save big!
- Use this referral code to get started
I hope this has been helpful. I can’t recommend this Rakuten shopping hack highly enough. I’d love to hear from any of you who have comments. If you have it, share your tips in the comments below!
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!!
If you like this podcast, be sure to check these out:
Tips, Tricks, And Tools For Making Holiday Cooking Easier
Jamie’s Christmas Gift Ideas for 2022