Ellen Italiaander joins The SavvyCast to talk all things Pilates~from how it helps a body, how a reformer works, how Pilates differs from yoga, and more.
Ellen Italiaander has been a Pilates instructor for more than 20 years. She is one of my instructors at Club Pilates, where she is definitely a fan favorite. In this episode, Ellen shares information that will help us have a deeper understanding of Pilates. We begin our conversation talking about the benefits of Pilates, some of which are listed below.
The benefits of Pilates
- Great for ANY age because it focuses on building strength in a gentle, non-impactful way.
- Designed to neither overstretch nor under stretch your muscles.
- Improves posture by working your abdominal muscles.
- Stretches out the spine, helping with lower back pain.
- Helps many with hip pain and sciatica.
We also discuss the differences between Pilates, how it integrates with other forms of exercise, and how the pandemic has affected the Pilates industry.