If you want to know how to clean HUNTER boots (remove white bloom), without spending a penny, read on!
HUNTER boots are notorious for getting “white bloom” over time~a white, powdery film that covers all or part of the surface (see photo at right). This is perfectly normal, and it is a cinch to remedy. Better yet, you DON’T have to buy HUNTER boot cleaner or any special solution. You likely have just what you need in your pantry.
You simply need 2 things to make your HUNTER boots look just like new: olive oil and a soft, clean cloth. In less than 5 minutes, you can remove every ounce of white powder and have shiny boots that are just like new.
My HUNTER boots were covered partially with bloom, so I polished them yesterday. It took literally less than 5 minutes. There is no secret way to wipe the oil or magic amount to use. I just did the following:
How to clean HUNTER Boots (Remove White Bloom)
- Get a small, clean washcloth (I used a cotton one; a microfiber would work well also).
- Put roughly a tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Dip a small portion of the cloth into the oil.
- Rub the boots with oil. I used a circular motion, but it really doesn’t matter!
- Do this until all white bloom is removed (this takes just seconds).
- Wipe away excess oil.
- Enjoy your shiny new HUNTER boots!