I’m sharing how to get the perfect Nespresso machine at the best price along with my favorite recipes for the best hot and cold coffee drinks you can make with it!
If you’ve been kicking the tires about buying a Nespresso machine but get overwhelmed by all the dizzying options~I can relate. But having finally found the perfect Nespresso machine for me~and at the best price possible~I’m sharing a few savvy tips and tricks that will hopefully help YOU.
How do you find the perfect Nespresso machine?
Everyone has different ideas about what they want in a machine. It is helpful to make a list of your preferences before deciding which Nespresso is right for you.
Here is a list of what I wanted in my Nespresso machine.
- Slim and sleek with no separate attachments.
- Aesthetically pleasing in my kitchen space.
- Easy to use and intuitive.
- Advanced enough to allow for me to learn and grow in my barista skills (i.e. latte art).
- Consistently high ranking in reviews.
- Sold through trusted retailers.
- Recommended highly by someone I know and trust.
Based on the above list, the perfect Nespresso machine for me is this Breville Creatista. It meets every requirement that I had, and I absolutely love it. Let me share a savvy snippet about the Creatista that might be helpful.
If you like my exact machine (champagne colored) and want to get the best price, at this point in time Macy’s is the place to buy it IF you sign up for Ebates cash back. I link to my Nespresso at Macy’s below; be sure you select the Creatista (it may take you to the Creatista Plus which is $100 more).
What is the difference between the Breville Creatista vs Breville Creatista Plus?
- Milk Temperature. Creatista~3 milk temperatures. Creatista Plus~11 milk temperatures.
- Milk Texture Creatista~4 different milk textures. Creatista Plus~8 milk textures.
- Water Heat up Creatista~ 10 seconds to heat up water. Creatista Plus~3 seconds to heat up water.
- Exterior Finish Creatista~stainless steel with champagne or black plastic panels. Creatista Plus~pure stainless steel.
These upgrades make up the $100 difference. I actually preferred the champagne color to pure stainless, so the less expensive Creatista was perfect for me.
How to you find the perfect Nespresso machine at the best price?
What does NOT work?
- Price comparing. These machines are almost always the same price no matter where you look (with the exception of amazon. If you do purchase through amazon, I advise not using a 3rd party seller.
- Coupons. Retailer coupons (i.e Bed, Bath & Beyond etc…) won’t work. Breville is almost always excluded.
- Email and text signup. Trust me. I signed up for Macy’s email (to get 25% off). After you get your “welcome” coupon code, you get a list of mile long exclusions~Breville being one of them.
What DOES work?
- Ebates cash back works, and it is the best way that I’ve found to get a Nespresso machine at the best price. If you aren’t an Ebates member, you can sign up here in a matter of seconds. Then, take a few minutes to install the Ebates browser. I explain how to do this in this previous post on how to use Ebates.
- Star Money earned if you are a Macy’s card holder works toward all purchases.
- Macy’s credit card~new user rewards~work on all purchases. Just a thought.
When I bought my Nespresso, Macy’s was running a 6% cash back offer (which they do quite often). This saved me $35ish dollars.
Below are the current Nespresso retailers offering a small cash back incentive (Macy’s being the largest at 6%). Amazon currently has no Ebates but does have the lowest price. Again, if you like my specific machine and want the best price, you’ll want to order yours from Macy’s.
What if I want a Nespresso machine that makes regular coffee AND espresso?
If you want to retire your drip coffee maker and use one machine for coffee AND espresso, the best option that I found was the Vertuo Plus model shown below. Note that it uses the larger pods and has a separate milk brother attachment. But those who have this one love it.
What are the best hot and cold coffee drinks to make in a Nespresso?
I am still learning and experimenting with my Creatista, but my friend Marie makes the BEST drinks with her Creatista Plus. I asked her to come share her two fave recipes~one hot and one cold~for me to use personally and share on the blog.
Note: In the video below, Maries shares her favorite hot and cold espresso drinks. I make both of these now, but I do change up my creamer a bit. I use a TINY amount of Vanilla Bliss~just enough to give a hint but not add all the sugar. I follow the eating lifestyle described here in this post, and sugar is something that I try to keep in check. I am working on creating some low carb versions of these coffee drinks, so stay tuned!!!
I hope this post helps those of you who have had some hesitancy about biting the bullet with a Nespresso machine. It is a chunk of change initially, but if you can save with Ebates cash back and by curbing trips to the barista, you’ll make your money back quickly.
I’d love to hear from you! Do you have a machine that you love? Any great coffee recipes? Share in the comments below! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!