It is super easy to learn how to make beautiful and healthy fruit water guests will love so that you can stop buying soft drinks and throwing away half-empty bottled waters.
We routinely have lots of guests in our home, so I am always searching for savvy entertaining tips. My recently resurrected water dispenser has become my absolute favorite thing this year. It is hands down the easiest, most practical (and beautiful) way to serve water to a crowd~small or large.
After months of buying every can and bottled drink imaginable to suit everyone’s tastes, I now offer (most of the time) one thing: fruit water in a beverage dispenser. Folks LOVE IT! It is crazy. I only wish I had discovered this savvy trick sooner.
What is the secret to making beautiful and healthy fruit water? The secret that I’ve found to making a crowd sized batch of fruit water is a lovely beverage dispenser. These savvy home items are trending right now, and I’ve picked the prettiest and best to share on this post.
How does a beverage dispenser make water look beautiful? Clear canisters (acrylic, glass, crystal) showcase water along with fruit slices, berries, herbs and ice. It can be stunning!
Why does a beverage dispenser make sense (and cents). If you serve water to a crowd, you’ll save money on half drunk water bottles and disposable cups. You’ll also save on other drinks, as most folks will choose the water.
Savvy tips for choosing the perfect beverage dispenser.
- Measure your space. If you have one fave spot for serving water, make sure there is room for the dispenser (include the pedestal or base). I had to return one because it was too tall.
- Consider crowd size. If you often serve large crowds, go larger (or you will be refilling all night long). For family or small groups, small might be best for you.
- Stick with your style. Buy a dispenser that fits into your style of entertaining. If casual, formal, or elegant, pick a look that will blend seamlessly into the tablescape.
Simple steps to making beautiful, healthy fruit water
- Choose a beautiful beverage dispenser.
- Buy large, economical (i.e. Costco or BOGO grocery) water. I love alkaline or spring water.
- Choose multiple shapes and colors of fruit. Berries, citrus slices and mint sprigs are fab.
- Use plenty of good ice.
- Add a layer of ice, then fruit, then another layer of each. Then water to the top. That’s it!
If you want to see a VERY primitive video of my hubby making fruit water for a small group, watch the snippet below. I took the video for my instagram story but decided to share here. If you are on insta, feel free to follow me here.
The most fabulous looking water dispenser I’ve seen are here on Horchow. The one with the white marble base is SO gorgeous; I am thinking about buying it for more formal occasions.
Pottery Barn has some lovely water dispensers, some of which can be monogrammed. Note that monogrammed items cannot be returned.
William’s-Sonoma has a good selection also. This Aerin white dispenser is one of my favorites, as it is hard to find one in white, and this one is gorgeous. Fun fact: Aerin is a line made by Aerin Lauder (daughter of Estee Lauder).
I’ve rounded up my faves from the internet and have actually decided to buy another one for my formal entertaining. I’m deciding between the marble base or the 3-tiered one. What do y’all think?
If you find a beautiful beverage dispenser, please share your pick in the comments! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!