How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust You Will Enjoy
Your family will LOVE this cauliflower pizza crust made with fresh or frozen riced cauliflower, 3 cheeses, and a few select spices.
Here is my favorite cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
I’ve been making this cauliflower crust and sharing it on my instagram stories. MANY of you have been asking for the recipe, so here it is!! In this post, I share tips + tricks + tools for making any riced cauliflower into a deliciously seasoned, perfectly crispy crust.
Cauliflower pizza crust makes a delicious, healthier pizza!
If you are fond of pizza and if you want to have a healthier but still delicious option, I’d say try cauliflower pizza! It is SO tasty, plus you get more nutrients than just the regular pizza. This post will teach you how to make your cauliflower pizza crust that is to die for!
Tips for making perfect crust.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect cauliflower pizza crust that is deliciously seasoned and the perfect texture.
- Squeeze ALL water from the cauliflower. Use a cheesecloth or this
- Add goat cheese. The dense texture of this cheese makes a perfect crust.
- Use more cheese. I use parmesan and mozzarella in addition to goat cheese.
- Add seasonings. Cauliflower should be seasoned before mixing so that it won’t be bland.
- Bake on parchment. This will ensure a crispy crust on both sides of the cauliflower crust.
- Consider a pizza stone. I’m obsessed with this one and have two that I use every time I make pizza.
Does cauliflower pizza have carbs?
A regular-sized cauliflower pizza crust usually has 16 grams of carbohydrates. It belongs to the mid-range level of carbohydrate content as compared to other kinds of crusts.
How many calories does cauliflower crust have?
With the simple ingredients that cauliflower pizza has, one slice typically has only 80 calories and 220 milligrams of sodium. Caloric information for this cauliflower pizza crust is included in the recipe box.
Is cauliflower crust healthier than regular crust?
Compared to other crust types, cauliflower pizza crust has low carbs, fiber, calories, protein, and fast. But if you desire to lose weight more effectively, you may opt to consume whole-wheat pizza crust instead.
Is cauliflower crust Keto-friendly?
Yes. By eating cauliflower pizza, you experience an increase in your overall energy, decreased appetite, and a boost in your mental stamina. It can also contribute to weight loss.
Can diabetics eat cauliflower pizza crust?
Compared to the traditional pizza crust types, cauliflower pizza has been considered a “diabetes-friendly” pizza. It has lower carbohydrates, which means lower glucose content.
Does cauliflower lower blood sugar?
Cauliflower has been widely popular nowadays because of its low-calorie content and because it has been known to stabilize blood sugar.
Watch this video of me making cauliflower crust.
You can see how easy it is to make cauliflower pizza crust in the short video below. You’ll also see how much water I squeezed out of the cauliflower. It is amazing!!!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust with Goat Cheese & Your Favorite Spices
- 2 bags riced cauliflower (fresh or frozen)*
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 shredded mozarella
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 tsp Italian spice blend or oregano
- Cover and steam riced cauliflower in the microwave until tender (about 8 minutes).
- Remove wrap from cauliflower and allow steam to escape and cauliflower to cool to the touch.
- Place cheesecloth in a bowl; pour riced cauliflower into the cheesecloth.
- Squeeze until every drop of water comes out of the cauliflower and it is as dry as possible.
- Place squeezed cauliflower in a bowl; add spices and toss to incorporate.
- Add one beaten egg and stir into the cauliflower.
- Add all 3 of the cheeses; mix and knead into the cauliflower until well combined.
- Spread cauliflower mixture atop parchment paper.
- Place the parchment and pizza atop a preheated pizza stone or pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is lightly golden and beginning to crisp at the edges.
- Turn and bake 10-15 minutes on the other side.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Top with toppings to make pizza; bake until cheese melts!
*Note: The bags are usually 12 oz or 16 oz. You can use either with this recipe with good results.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 42mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 6g
Helpful tools for making pizza.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check these recipes out:
Hi Crystal! I will check to see and edit that post if I left it out!!! You bake the crust at 400 F, and you flip it to get both sides good and golden. Hope you enjoy it!!!! XoxXo
What is the cooking temp? It may be there and I’m missing it! This sounds delish!