This Tuscan kale salad recipe is just like what you’ll find at North Italia. Topped with delicious charred grapes, crispy prosciutto, and a lemon parmesan vinaigrette, this salad doesn’t get much better!
After eating the Tuscan kale salad at North Italia, I searched high and low for the recipe online. When I found Kendall Hughes’s blog post with her version of the copycat recipe, I was THRILLED. After making a few tweaks to the recipe to make it my own, I want to share it with all of you!
What is North Italia?
North Italia is a contemporary Italian restaurant chain that always hits home for me. They are known for their handmade pizza and pastas. However, one of my favorite things at North Italia are the salads, especially the Tuscan kale salad.
What is Tuscan kale?
Tuscan kale, which is also known as “Lacinato kale” or “dinosaur kale,” has a slightly darker color than regular kale. It’s slightly thinner and curlier, and it’s very popular in Italian dishes.
What to serve with North Italia’s Tuscan kale salad?
If you plan on making this salad for yourself, here are some recommendations for dishes that would pair beautifully with it:
- Salmon- You can never go wrong with crispy, delicious salmon. I have a recipe for the best salmon I’ve ever had here.
- Buttermilk brined chicken- I can never get enough of this chicken recipe.
- Any Italian dish- What pairs great with an Italian salad? More Italian food, of course! From baked ziti to the best spaghetti sauce ever to lasagna in spaghetti squash boats, the options are endless.
How to Make North Italia’s Tuscan Kale Salad
- KALE SALAD
- Fresh kale, finely diced with stems removed
- 1-2 cups charred red grapes (simply heat them in a skillet with some extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes)
- 1-2 small apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- freshly grated parmesan
- PARMESAN VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- juice of 1-2 lemons
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 215Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 5mgSodium 286mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 5g