How to Make Perfect Cakes from a Boxed Cake Mix
This week, I am answering all of your questions about how I make boxed cakes taste like your favorite bakery cake! My “cake mix magic method” is versatile, fail-proof, and simple to follow.
Episode At A Glance:
While many of us love the taste of homemade cakes, few of us have the time to make them from scratch. For years now, I have been formulating my “cake mix magic method” to turn store-bought mixes into fabulous homemade treats. My method of “doctoring” is basically the same for every cake mix, with a few tweaks based on the flavor of the cake. This week on the SavvyCast, I share my tried-and-true formula, my favorite add-ins for different mixes, and the best ways to glaze your cakes.
The Cake Mix Magic Method
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) box of instant pudding mix
- 1/2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What is the cake mix magic method?
- How can I customize the cake mix magic method to different flavored cake mixes?
- How can I flash-freeze my cakes?
- What are the best add-ins to send the cake over the top?
- What are your favorite bundt pans?
- How can I keep my cake from breaking?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Heart-shaped bundt pan
- Brilliance bundt pan
- Elegant Party bundt pan
- Six-cup bundt pan
- Annieglass Cake Stands
- Spectacular Red Velvet Cake
- The Best White Cake You Will Ever Make
- The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Delicious Bundt Pan Carrot Cake
- Sensational Strawberry Bundt Cake With Lemon Glaze
- Easy and Delicious Lemon Poppyseed Cake
- The Best Funfetti Bundt Cake
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on iTunes, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, be sure to check these out:
Small Changes That Make A Big Impact With Melanie Roberson
How to Be Financially Savvy with Melanie Nichols and Elizabeth Brasher