Here is the easy recipe + video for how to make whipped feta dip that tastes like Taziki’s signature appetizer that my family absolutely loves.
What is Taziki’s whipped feta appetizer?
Taziki’s is one of our favorite places to dine in or carryout. We love When I saw the ingredients here on Taziki’s blog, I decided to try to create a copycat whipped feta dip. Taziki’s post doesn’t give the recipe, but it reveals that the ingredients are “fresh feta, cream cheese, a little mayo, spices and honey — plus a sprinkle of parsley to finish.”
What does whipped feta dip taste like?
Whipped feta dip is unique. It has the consistency of a smooth hummus and a complex taste. The salty, briny feta cheese is cut by the sweet honey. The seasonings and extra virgin olive oil add rich deep Greek flavors. Eaten with soft pita, the taste is like an ultra smooth feta with a hint of honey.
My whipped feta ingredients.
I decided to use the ingredients that Taziki’s listed in its version, along with a few tweaks. Here are the specific ingredients that I used in my whipped feta.
- Greek feta cheese. I used crumbled President’s feta (I buy the large from Costco). Boar’s Head block feta is good also.
- Whipped cream cheese. I buy the whipped because it is lighter.
- EVOO. Kirkland, Colavita or California Olive Ranch are my favorite EVOO’s.
- Mayonnaise. I use just a dollop of Duke’s, and I only added it because Taziki’s listed as an ingredient.
- Greek seasoning. I used Zoe’s Spice of Life. You could also use oregano or a Greek seasoning blend.
- Chopped chives. These are optional and probably not in the Taziki’s version (but they add flavor).
- Pita bread. I use white pita, cut into triangles, sprayed with EVOO spray, and heated in foil until warm.
Watch me make whipped feta.
In the video below, you can watch me make whipped feta from start to finish. It is a perfect appetizer to make just before guests arrive for dinner or a party.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me hear from you if you try it! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 (8 oz) whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 oz) feta cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- pita bread triangles
- kalamata olives
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Place into a bowl; drizzle with more EVOO. Serve with pita triangles and garnish with kalamata olives.
* I used Presidents crumbled feta.
** Honey can be reduced to 1/3 cup and drizzled on top if needed.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 7mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 2g