One of the best skills the home cook can learn is how to cook intuitively rather than always having to rely on a clock! In this episode, I teach you how to cook casserole dishes, roast vegetables, and even bake cakes without your kitchen timer.
Episode At A Glance:
Intuitive cooking and baking is when you are able to tell if a dish is done by the way it looks or smells rather than if your clock says it is ready. The recommended baking time in recipes is just that- a recommendation! Cooking times will vary depending on a variety of factors such as your oven and the type of pan or dish you use. In this episode, I share how you can tell if your dishes and baked goods are ready to pull out of the oven without relying on the clock!
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What is intuitive cooking and baking?
- Is intuitive cooking a skill only experienced/professional chefs can acquire?
- How can I tell if my cake is ready?
- What should I look for when roasting vegetables in the oven?
- How can I avoid burning my casseroles?
Recipes Mentioned In This Episode:
- Bundt Cake Recipes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Medley
- Smashed Potatoes
- Baked Ziti
- Chicken Tetrazzini
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, check these out: