I’ve tried many, and this is the BEST ice cream coffee punch for a shower, tea, or brunch.
The Classic Ice Cream Coffee Punch for Any Occasion
Two recipes: Coffee concentrate + Coffee-Ice Cream Punch
Homemade coffee concentrate.
The foundation for this punch is a coffee concentrate. You can make your own double strength coffee or take an easier route and use store bought. You can buy iced coffee and cold brew in stores, and I prefer cold brew. I just make sure to sweeten the cold brew and add the other ingredients to it before using it for the punch.
Consider making a coffee ice mold
An easy and novel way to keep ice cream coffee punch cold is to make a coffee ice mold. For convenience, I use purchased cold brew coffee (like Strok or Chamelon) for the mold. Simply pour the coffee into the mold, freeze it, and add to the punch bowl after mixing the punch. You could also use ice cube trays or other freezable mold shapes to freeze the coffee for the punch.
How to Make Ice Cream Coffee Punch
- COFFEE CONCENTRATE:
- 1 pound dark roast ground coffee
- 3 1/2 quarts cold water
- (Skip the above and buy strong cold brew)
- COFFEE PUNCH:
- 1 quart coffee concentrate, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream or 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart of chocolate ice cream
- garnishes: whipping cream, chocolate shavings
- Stir together coffee and water; make sure all ground coffee is wet. Let mixture sit for 12 hours at room temperature.
- Pour coffee mixture through a large, fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding grounds. Clean strainer; place a coffee filter or double layer of cheesecloth in strainer, and pour coffee mixture through lined strainer. Return coffee concentrate mixture to container. Chill up to one month.
- Whisk together coffee concentrate and next 3 ingredients.
- Scoop vanilla and chocolate ice creams into a punch bowl; add Coffee Concentrate mixture, gently stirring until ice cream slightly melts.
- Serve punch in glass mugs. Garnish, if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 13 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 246Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 55mgSodium 83mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g