Instant Pot crispy roasted potatoes have golden crisp skins and fluffy, soft insides, and the Instant Pot does all the work!
These Instant Pot crispy roasted potatoes are one of my top reasons for loving my Instant Pot. I can have perfectly crisp & tender potatoes in less than 30 minutes without turning on the oven or heating up a skillet.
Instant Pot: If you don’t own an Instant Pot yet, I’ve linked below to where to buy. These occasionally run on sale, and William’s-Sonoma often offers 20% and free shipping.
Potatoes: I use small Yukon gold or gold fingerling potatoes for this recipe. These have paper thin skins that crisp more easily than red or darker potatoes.
Fats: I use BOTH real butter and EVOO. Browning in butter adds flavor and crisps the skins, and the EVOO adds another level of flavor while also keeping the butter from burning (browning is fine).
Steps: It takes two steps to make these potatoes from start to finish in the Instant Pot.
- First, preheat the IP to sautÃ© on high heat. Once hot, add butter & EVOO. When butter is mostly melted, add potatoes and stir to coat. Saute for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until skins are brown.
- Second, add broth; set valve to sealing; close IP lid. Press manual and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes. Once cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes (i.e. let the IP come down by itself). After this, you can release any pressure by moving the valve to venting. Season potatoes after cooking, and ENJOY!
If you have an Instant Pot and make these, I’d love to hear how they turn out for you. I make these often to serve with Mississippi Roast and carrots and perfectly roasted whole chicken. Simple and easy comfort food! As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 2 TB butter (not margarine)
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil~EVOO
- 1-2 pounds Yukon gold or gold fingerling potatoes (prick potatoes lightly with fork or knife)
- kosher salt & ground pepper to taste
- rosemary sprig (leaves only) minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE on high heat.
- Add butter & EVOO.
- When butter is mostly melted, add potatoes.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring as needed, until skins crisp ad potatoes begin to brown.
- Add broth or water.
- Place lid on Instant Pot; close lid and set valve to sealing.
- Press MANUAL, then PRESSURE (choose high), then move the - or + until you reach 7 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, allow IP to naturally release (lower pressure on its own) for 10 min or longer.
- Release any remaining pressure when ready to serve potatoes.
- Season with salt & pepper; top with rosemary if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607 Total Fat: 68g Saturated Fat: 9g Sodium: 286mg Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 2g