It is wedding week for my daughter Jud and her soon-to-be husband Owen! In this episode, I share my top tips to stay on top of the last-minute to-do’s and walk into the wedding weekend with ease.
Episode At A Glance:
It is wedding week for my daughter Jud and her soon-to-be husband Owen Carr! This week on The SavvyCast, I delve into my top tips and last-minute to-do’s as the mother of the bride. If you have a son or daughter getting married soon, this episode will help you be prepared and ready for their big day. In this episode, I share what I am doing to ensure this weekend runs as smoothly as possible.
My Mother-of-the-Bride Tips For Wedding Week:
- Make care-taking arrangements for your pets.
- Give yourself more time than you think for alterations.
- Purchase proper undergarments (Spanx, bras, panties, etc.).
- Keep your jewelry and accessories in mind (earrings, necklaces, Apple watch bands, bracelets, clutch, etc.)
- Dry clean any pieces of clothing that need to be cleaned ahead of time.
- Have someone bring or cater food for everyone while they are getting ready the morning of the wedding.
- Buy hostess gifts in advance.
- Schedule hair and nail appointments throughout the wedding week
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Wedding planner: Handley Breaux Designs
- I purchased my shoes from Gus Meyer
- I got my rehearsal dinner dress from a local boutique called Manhattan South
- See my picks for Mother of the Bride dresses and accessories here, here, here, and here
- Be sure to follow me on Like To Know It (LTK)to see all my favorite products and styles!
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated. If you would prefer to watch the podcast interview, check it out on YouTube. Blessings to you!
If you like this podcast, check these out: