The flavor combination of key lime, coconut & white chocolate are a sure hit in the taste department. I made this cake for the Christmas holidays but ended up freezing it and bringing it out for company in early January. After three weeks in the freezer (well wrapped), this cake thawed to perfection and was a huge hit.
Made with a pound cake mix, this cake turns out to taste surprisingly like “from scratch.” It has a moist, almost creamy texture, and the flavor is outstanding. I have made this with and without the white chocolate, and either way is fabulous.
This cake can be made in a loaf pan, miniature loaf pans, or a small bundt pan. In this version I used my all time favorite loaf pan. The ridges are perfect for catching drizzles of glaze and for cutting perfect slices.
When shopping for ingredients, the pound cake mix may be hard to find. It is tucked discreetly near the bottom of cake mixes (at least at my Publix), and it doesn’t occupy lots of shelf space. I included a photo below so that you’ll know what to look for.
Let me hear back from you if you try this. For other desserts, you can also visit my Sweet Tooth Pinterest board.
- Pound Cake Ingredients:Betty Crocker Pound Cake
- 1 â€“ 16 oz. box Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix
- 2/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. lime juice (I use Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice)
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 â€“ 3.5 oz. white chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1-2 tbs. milk
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut
- For cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a regular loaf pan or small bundt cake pan, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, butter, eggs, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy and the lumps are all gone.
- Stir in white chocolate pieces. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely on rack.
- For glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lime juice, and milk.
- Whisk until smooth. Drizzle evenly over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut, and serve.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 2862Total Fat 70gSaturated Fat 47gCholesterol 86mgSodium 1945mgCarbohydrates 549gSugar 358gProtein 27g