This week, SEC sports reporter Lauren Sisler shares her inspirational life story. From her career in sports broadcasting to grappling with the loss of both of her parents to addiction, Lauren shares all.
Episode At A Glance:
This week, Lauren Sisler joins The SavvyCast to share about her career as an Emmy award-winning sports reporter. Additionally, Lauren shares about her work with addiction recovery advocacy and what led her to become an advocate.
Who Is Lauren Sisler?
Lauren Sisler is a two-time national and regional Emmy award-winning sports broadcaster. She joined ESPN and SEC Network in 2016 as a sideline reporter for both college football and gymnastics. In 2003 as a freshman at Rutgers University, tragedy struck Lauren’s world when she unexpectedly lost both of her parents within hours of each other to their concealed battle with prescription drug addiction. Afterwards, she struggled with the truth surrounding her parents’ secret life and death for the next ten years. Today, Lauren now spreads awareness about addiction and the devastation it can cause.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- How did you go from competing in gymnastics to a career in sports broadcasting?
- What advice would you give women who want to go into football sports broadcasting?
- Is sports broadcasting a “male-dominated” industry?
- How did you cope with the loss of your parents?
- What is it like to speak with others about an issue so close to your own heart?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Lauren’s website
- Connect with Lauren on Instagram: @laurensisler
- Connect with Lauren on Facebook: @LaurenSisler
I hope you enjoyed this episode! In addition, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!! Blessings to you!!!
If you like this podcast, be sure to check these out: