Parenting children in today’s culture can be extremely tricky to navigate. In this episode, author Steve Hines joins me to share his valuable and insightful parenting advice.
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, Steve Hines joins me to discuss his book Salt, Light, & Kids. In this book, Steve shares how to raise children to be the salt of the earth and light of the world our culture desperately needs. Steve and his wife are long-time friends of mine and Zane’s, and we have had the privilege of witnessing them parent their children first-hand. They have also provided valuable advice to us as we raised our three girls. I cannot recommend this book enough for anyone seeking out Biblically sound, practical advice on parenting. In this episode, Steve shares what led him to write Salt, Light, & Kids, how to navigate today’s cultural challenges, how to raise children to have servants’ hearts, and so much more!
Who Is Steve Hines?
Steve Hines lives in Nashville, Tennessee, and has been married to his high school sweetheart, Leigh Ann, for 35 years. They have invested in the lives of younger parents for decades, both through parenting study groups and in one-on-one relationships. As the father of two adult children and the grandfather of two little girls, Steve’s passion for families continues to grow as the challenges of the present culture intensify. Steve is a former C.P.A., a life-long entrepreneur, a junior high and high school lacrosse coach, and an ardent musician.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- What is the meaning behind the title–Salt, Light, & Kids?
- What motivated Steve to write this book?
- How do we as parents protect our children from the confusion of the world’s values?
- What is the difference between love and acceptance?
- What is the concept of living a “simple life” & why is it important to not always have a busy schedule?
- How do you provide your children with the best lives you can possibly give them while also not just handing them things throughout their life?
- What are practical ways that we can raise our children to have servants’ hearts?
- What advice would Steven give to parents about their children with social media?
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Buy Salt, Light, & Kids on Amazon
- Buy Salt, Light, & Kids at Barnes and Noble
- Listen to Salt, Light, & Kids on Audible
- Follow Steve on Instagram: @saltlightandkids
Article Sources Referenced In This Episode:
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated. If you would prefer to watch the podcast interview, check it out on YouTube. Blessings to you!
If you like this podcast, check these out: