Let’s Talk: My Favorites From 2019 (and Plans for 2020)
On today’s episode of The SavvyCast, Jamie shares some favorites from 2019…..from recipes to podcast episodes to kitchen hacks and beyond.
My Favorite Firsts for 2019
- Being a MOB (mother of the bride) for the first time was amazing. And having my husband give his daughter away AND officiate the ceremony. Priceless.
- The 2019 launch of The SavvyCast has been quite a new, fun and exhilarating ride. I can’t wait for 2020!
My 3 Favorite Recipes for 2019
- White Chili Chicken was a clear winner for 2019. It was a hit with readers, family, and friends. It is a weekly rotation now at our home, and it is the perfect budget friendly crowd pleasing meal to serve a large group (small groups or parties).
- The Best Spaghetti with Meat Sauce in the World is my “final recipe” after myriad tweaks and meat sauce experiments. There is always a batch of this meat sauce in my freezer. It is divine, delicious comfort food that will make your family happy every time.
- The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake Ever. If I only had a dollar for every time I’ve made this cake…..I rarely pass the cake aisle without tossing a box or two of Devil’s food cake mix into my cart to make this cake. It is my favorite chocolate cake in the world. If you haven’t tried it, please do. You won’t be sorry.
My Favorite Hacks for 2019
- I confess that I shop. Quite a bit. But this hack has saved me a ton of cash back (and no clipping coupons needed). If you shop online, even a little bit, you are missing out on cash back. Sign up here to start saving immediately.
- These non-stick oven liners have been game changers for me. I haven’t cleaned a messy, sticky, burned mess of anything off of my oven floor since buying these. Make a mess? Just toss the liner, replace, and cook with confidence.
- Did you say “disposable cutting board?” Yes, in fact, I did! This BPA free plastic disposable cutting board can be cut to size. After cutting raw meat or anything else, I toss it. Love this so much.
My Goals for 2020
- I’ll be jumping into a new and improved Faster Way to Fat Loss course on January 6. If you want to join me and be in my group, register here. For blood work comparison from my pre and post first round of FWTFL, read this blog post.
- Meal prep is on my to do list. Veggie cutting and prepping will happen every Sunday or Monday.
- Getting up and at ’em before or by 5:00 a.m. is my way to stay productive. An early bedtime helps too.
What are YOUR goals for 2020? What are some things you’d like to hear on The SavvyCast? Do you have any topics or questions you’d like to see discussed or any guests you’d like to hear from? If so, please let me know. This podcast (and my blog) are for YOU! Let me hear from you. Thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Hi Kim! I am thrilled to e-meet you through the blog; I am SO happy that you reached out!!! I appreciate your kind words; it means so much! Please let me hear how the cake turns out! It is even better the day after baking/glazing, so you can make ahead if you want. And Happy Birthday to your husband!!! Blessings to you and yours!!! XoXo
Oh my!!! I just discovered you and think you and I would be great friends! I love a southern girl who loves to cook and your recipes are so right down my alley! Going to make your cake (so similar to my mother & grandmother’s cake) for my hubby’ birthday on Sunday! Looking forward to your next podcast and diving into your website further. Happy New Year!