In this recipe and video, I share how to make a yummy chicken pizza crust that is low-carb and gluten free.
Chicken crust is low-carb and gluten free.
This ground chicken crust contains zero flour, so it is low-carb and gluten free. You can find many gluten free pizza crusts in grocery stores these days; however, look closely at the ingredients. Many are very high in carbs. Why? Gluten free foods often substitute one carb for another.
Chicken crust is high in protein.
Not only is ground chicken pizza crust low in carbs; it is high in protein. It is a hearty, filling, option that won’t spike your blood sugar with starches or carbs.
How to make chicken pizza crust flavorful.
I use Johnny’s Garlic Spread and Seasoning. You can find it at Costco or on amazon. It adds a cheesy, garlicky, savory flavor and comes to life when mixed with EVOO. You can also get added flavor with a good pizza sauce like this Rao’s jarred or this Victoria jarred with chopped basil.
Chicken pizza crust has 2 bakes.
This chicken pizza crust goes into the oven 2 times, so it goes through 2 bakes. Here they are:
- First bake: after crust is formed & seasoned.
- Second bake: after toppings are added and just before serving.
Make ahead tips for chicken pizza crust.
You can refrigerate or freeze the crust after the first bake. When ready to use, simply remove it from the freezer, add desired toppings, and bake pizza at 400 degrees F until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Helpful tools for serving pizza.
- I serve pizza on an acacia pizza peel similar to this one that can also be used for a small charcuterie.
- I love these pizza scissors (on my wish list) but currently use plain kitchen shears to cut my pizza.
- A non-stick pizza pan with holes like this one allows heat to crisp the bottom of the crust (without the weight of a pizza stone).
In the video below, I show how easy it is to make low-carb ground chicken pizza crust.
There are countless ways to use this crust to make your own favorite pizza. If you make this, please comment and share your ideas and suggestions with the rest of us! Thanks so much for stopping by! Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
- 1 1/4 lb pound ground chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan, shredded
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TB Johnny's Great Caesar (or 1 tsp garlic salt)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (I use Penzey's frozen pizza seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground chicken, cheeses and spices until well combined.
- Place the ground chicken mixture onto the pizza pan or baking sheet.
- With rolling pin or hands (I wear gloves and use hands), spread mixture into a thin layer.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to top and bake.
- To bake, add topping and bake 10 more minutes until cheeses are melted.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 160Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 81mgSodium 133mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 19g