When our loved ones experience a drastic life change like the loss of a loved one, a move, sickness, or a new baby, many of us find ourselves racking our brains for how to show them we care. This week, Marie Marino shares how the gift of food can be a tangible way of blessing others, and can “speak” in a way words cannot.
Episode At A Glance:
This week on The SavvyCast, I am joined by my dear friend Marie Marino to discuss how to bless others with the gift of food. Marie and I were sorority sisters and have known each other for years. Her heart for others and enthusiasm for serving has always inspired me. In this episode, Marie shares how practical tips on blessing others through food. She shares her favorite go-to recipes in addition to the food storing tools she always has on hand.
A Tangible Gift:
Marie has a passion for blessing her loved ones who are struggling or experiencing a transition through her cooking. When her younger brother battled melanoma, Marie cooked for and delivered meals to his family. Now, a year after her
brother’s passing, Marie is more inspired than ever to share the gift of food with others.
Questions Answered In This Episode:
- How do you get started when cooking for others
- What tools are good to have on hand?
- How do you store food when you deliver it?
- What recipes are easy, simple, and delicious to make for others?
- How do you deliver food when the people you’re gifting it to may not want company?
Marie’s Go-To Recipes:
- Any kind of salad, like my Kale Ceaser Salad or copycat recipe for North Italia’s Tuscan Kale Salad
- My White Chicken Chili recipe
- Perfect Rice In The Oven
- Half Baked Harvest’s Indian Butter Chicken
- Twice baked potatoes
- Mini Bean Burritos (vegetarian) – Simply smear canned refried beans on mini
tortillas, sprinkle green onion, and add Yellowbird Jalapeno condiment or
taco sauce. Next, sprinkle on some cheese and wrap it up!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes (vegetarian) – To make these, start by cooking sweet potatoes in a slow cooker. Next, take them out, put them in the mixer, and mash them with a little maple syrup and mascarpone cheese. These are delicious!
- Penne with 5 Cheeses – this recipe is from the Barefoot Contessa cookbook by Ina Garten
- Penne With Spicy Vodka Sauce
- Creamy Chicken Tortellini
- Italian Lemon Chicken Soup
- Gluten-Free Monster Cookies
- Any kind of muffins, like my Morning Glory Muffins
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
I hope you enjoyed this episode! As always, if you have time to rate, review, and subscribe to The SavvyCast on Apple Podcasts, it would be SO appreciated!!!
If you like this podcast, be sure to check these out: