Let’s Talk Mattress Shopping: What I Chose and Why
In this episode of The SavvyCast, I share my mattress shopping journey, which mattress and base I ultimately chose, and why.
Searching for a new mattress can be a daunting task. It usually involves researching and testing several different mattresses from different brands. I’ve recently gone through the process of purchasing a new mattress, so I am sharing what I learned from my shopping journey.
In this episode of The SavvyCast, I share the process that I used to find the best mattress for us. This podcast is not sponsored, and these are all my unbiased opinions.
A few things that I discuss in this episode.
The 4 brands that were on my shortlist (and why).
- Sleep Number
- Stearns and Foster
Pros to a Sleep Number
- There are 100 different sleep settings.
- You can control your Sleep Number settings on your phone with the Sleep IQ app.
- The “Partner Snore” feature on the app allows you to raise your partner’s head slightly to reduce or stop snoring (without waking them up).
- Sleep Number has amazing customer service at the local and corporate levels.
- Sleep Number has 3 adjustable base options which include under-bed lighting and foot warming.
Cons to a Sleep Number
- The Sleep Number brand is on the higher end of the price scale.
- A Sleep Number Flextop mattress can limit your ability to purchase sheets from your choice of vendors (my favorite is Red Land Cotton). Standard size mattresses are the way to go (in my opinion).
If you end up deciding on a Sleep Number mattress, you can contact me for any coupons that I might have available. My friend shared coupons with me that saved me $350 on my mattress and base.
Resources mentioned in this Podcast:
- Jonathan Calvano my Sleep Number Sales Consultant (205) 529-9561
- Red Land Cotton (My absolute favorite bed linens)
I will continue to share more tips as we continue to sleep on our new mattress, so please stay tuned. As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Hi Elizabeth—I bought a platform bed—headboard with side rails. I love it bc I don’t need a skirt.
Do you have any bedskirt and headboard advice. We have the same bed as you and I’m at a loss. Should have thought of it before we bought the bed. I do love the bed.
Hi Amanda, I LOVE my bed but am currently waiting on an exchange from the split top to full split. I am about to release a video on You Tube explaining why. Email me email@example.com for more details. It is a bit too much to explain in comments. Look forward to talking with you!!
So we have recently bought the sleep number bed and we went with the split top. Our delivery is not until mid April. Are you happy with your split top or think you prefer standard bed?